treeoflife
Account Closed
Lord God, I'm sorry if my prayers lately have had a lot of difficult questions and stumbling in my faith. There are a lot of things I don't know about the Father, Jesus, even as much as You reveal to me I know, and as much as is withheld from me I am completely blind to. That is a good thing, because it keeps the gifts of God so wonderful when God sends them into our lives. If we knew everything He intended to do, everything He thought or felt, we would lose our sense of wonder, maybe, I don't know, truly. I know God said that His thoughts and ways aren't like our own, so it's not possible for us to be able to comprehend those thoughts - because they come from One who knows all things.
God, I am appealing to You in petition for whatever I am missing in my life. I don't know what that is, the 'missing piece', but I'm asking You for it because it is difficult to stay strong without it. I don't know the direction, Father God, elsewise I would walk it and walk it as gladly as I could. I don't even know the destination, or the method of travel, so to speak. I am not going to assume that a 'path' or a 'road' in life is even what I need. Truth is I don't know. I just know that I'm not satisfied with the way my life is going, and I am trying not to become bitter because of it, or worse.
Jesus, You know I am not a perfect man by any possible measure. I fall extremely short of that measure. If this were not so for all of Your children on earth, You would not have come to save us, and You would not intercede for us on our behalf to the Lord God. I just don't want to get to the end of my life and have nothing to look back on and say: 'God gave me this incredible journey, and I made it with Your help, Lord'. The way it stands, if somehow I died tomorrow, I would have a lot of regrets and a lot of questions about the meaning of my tiny little life. You said that we are important to You, God, and I know it is Your will to show us our true purposes in life as believers in You. That is a peace You give us that no one can take from us, that God shines down on the purpose of the lives of His believers, and He knows them all by name and made each one for a special reason.
I give You praise God, because so many people have found their purposes. They find fulfillment in their families, or in helping others. They find joy in things that You send their way, God, and I know this is so because You have made it plain to my mind to know that it's You, and the powers You ordained in heaven that reign over us, and lend to us these special gifts.
God, I am pleading with You because I am a sinner. I am angry at all of my old ways, and I am angry with my mistakes, and angry with my life. All of my biggest questions have to do with why You'd make somebody like me, and I know the answer is simple: because You loved me when You created me.
Will you breathe new life into me, God, in Jesus Your Son's name? Whatever is my missing piece, whatever is missing or wrong in my life - will You fix these things with me, Jesus? You know I want nothing more than to be able to say that whatever I am doing is making God happy, that I have found the right road. I have a lot of faith in You, God, and I've walked through hellish things because I believe in You. That has to be a quality that You have a use for, I know. And I know that I have been disobedient too often, and questioned too much, and wondered and said things I probably shouldn't have.
This whole time has been really hard on me. Please forgive me, Jesus, and pray with me to our God, because He hears You and does whatever You ask. I trust You, because in my darkest hours You have always been there. When I walked through those hellish things, You were right there with me.
I give You praise, Jesus Christ, because You have always been a best friend to my heart and soul. I pray that whatever journey You give me in life, that when it is over and I meet You in heaven that You call me a friend like I have called You all of this time. Whatever it takes to get me to that state of love in You, bring me there.
Thank You God for the people here who, not knowing me, pray for me and with me. Please hear them, Lord, because Your will is accomplished in these people and their prayers for one another. In Jesus Christ's name I am asking for all of these things in prayer, amen.
God, I am appealing to You in petition for whatever I am missing in my life. I don't know what that is, the 'missing piece', but I'm asking You for it because it is difficult to stay strong without it. I don't know the direction, Father God, elsewise I would walk it and walk it as gladly as I could. I don't even know the destination, or the method of travel, so to speak. I am not going to assume that a 'path' or a 'road' in life is even what I need. Truth is I don't know. I just know that I'm not satisfied with the way my life is going, and I am trying not to become bitter because of it, or worse.
Jesus, You know I am not a perfect man by any possible measure. I fall extremely short of that measure. If this were not so for all of Your children on earth, You would not have come to save us, and You would not intercede for us on our behalf to the Lord God. I just don't want to get to the end of my life and have nothing to look back on and say: 'God gave me this incredible journey, and I made it with Your help, Lord'. The way it stands, if somehow I died tomorrow, I would have a lot of regrets and a lot of questions about the meaning of my tiny little life. You said that we are important to You, God, and I know it is Your will to show us our true purposes in life as believers in You. That is a peace You give us that no one can take from us, that God shines down on the purpose of the lives of His believers, and He knows them all by name and made each one for a special reason.
I give You praise God, because so many people have found their purposes. They find fulfillment in their families, or in helping others. They find joy in things that You send their way, God, and I know this is so because You have made it plain to my mind to know that it's You, and the powers You ordained in heaven that reign over us, and lend to us these special gifts.
God, I am pleading with You because I am a sinner. I am angry at all of my old ways, and I am angry with my mistakes, and angry with my life. All of my biggest questions have to do with why You'd make somebody like me, and I know the answer is simple: because You loved me when You created me.
Will you breathe new life into me, God, in Jesus Your Son's name? Whatever is my missing piece, whatever is missing or wrong in my life - will You fix these things with me, Jesus? You know I want nothing more than to be able to say that whatever I am doing is making God happy, that I have found the right road. I have a lot of faith in You, God, and I've walked through hellish things because I believe in You. That has to be a quality that You have a use for, I know. And I know that I have been disobedient too often, and questioned too much, and wondered and said things I probably shouldn't have.
This whole time has been really hard on me. Please forgive me, Jesus, and pray with me to our God, because He hears You and does whatever You ask. I trust You, because in my darkest hours You have always been there. When I walked through those hellish things, You were right there with me.
I give You praise, Jesus Christ, because You have always been a best friend to my heart and soul. I pray that whatever journey You give me in life, that when it is over and I meet You in heaven that You call me a friend like I have called You all of this time. Whatever it takes to get me to that state of love in You, bring me there.
Thank You God for the people here who, not knowing me, pray for me and with me. Please hear them, Lord, because Your will is accomplished in these people and their prayers for one another. In Jesus Christ's name I am asking for all of these things in prayer, amen.
