On The Verge of A World War (Whether We Like it it Not, 1 Tim 2:1-8)...

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Elephant Walk at Utah Air Force Base showcases 52 F-35s launching in a row...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/elephant...ce-base-showcases-52-f-35s-launching-in-a-row

Granted — just so happens Luke 21:36 is after He is talking about all that’s about to happen. Let’s read the whole context of Luke 21...

5And while some were talking about the temple, that it was adorned with beautiful stones and votive gifts, He said, 6As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down.”

7They questioned Him, saying, “Teacher, when therefore will these things happen? And what will bethe sign when these things are about to take place?” 8And He said, “See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not go after them.9“When you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified; for these things must take place first, but the end does not followimmediately.”

Things to Come

10Then He continued by saying to them, “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, 11and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

12“But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name’s sake. 13“It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony.14“So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves; 15for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. 16“But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, 17and you will be hated by all because of My name. 18“Yet not a hair of your head will perish.19“By your endurance you will gain your lives.

20“But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near. 21“Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city; 22because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled.23“Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people; 24and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Return of Christ

25“There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27“Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory.28“But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

29Then He told them a parable: “Behold the fig tree and all the trees; 30as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. 31“So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. 32“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. 33“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

34“Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; 35for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. 36“But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

37Now during the day He was teaching in the temple, but at evening He would go out and spend the night on the mount that is called Olivet. 38And all the people would get up early in the morning to come to Him in the temple to listen to Him.

Greetings Intercessor, in God's Love. You stated;
Notice THE WORDS OF JESUS PROVOKE US TO PRAYER and ALACRITY (watchfulness)— not relax us to sedation.
I believe the point being made is to focus on God not war. Being Christian requires labor and understanding. It most certainly is not relax to sedation. One must keep the inner-torch lit at all times. We are talking about a solid Christian walk. Pray, stay vigil.... not on war but on the Love of Jesus. If one Loves Jesus, the Holy Spirit will speak to you. Now my emphasis is on Agape. Jesus will not forsake us. It is a foregone conclusion that the earth will pass. Even scientists will tell us that. But I will keep my innerlight lit with Love and not trouble myself with worry about the endtime prophecy. Jesus wont forsake my Love and He will honour my righteous walk.
I have nothing but Love for all of you but I will respectfully focus on Love not fear. Perfect Love cast away fear. So in my humble opinion you cannot scare people to Jesus. But if one is filled with Agape he/she will be ready for Jesus.
With Love and sincere respect to all. ❤

Granted — just so happens Luke 21:36 is after He is talking about all that’s about to happen. Let’s read the whole context of Luke 21...

5And while some were talking about the temple, that it was adorned with beautiful stones and votive gifts, He said, 6As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down.”

7They questioned Him, saying, “Teacher, when therefore will these things happen? And what will bethe sign when these things are about to take place?” 8And He said, “See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not go after them.9“When you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified; for these things must take place first, but the end does not followimmediately.”

Things to Come

10Then He continued by saying to them, “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, 11and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

12“But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name’s sake. 13“It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony.14“So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves; 15for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. 16“But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, 17and you will be hated by all because of My name. 18“Yet not a hair of your head will perish.19“By your endurance you will gain your lives.

20“But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near. 21“Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city; 22because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled.23“Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people; 24and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Return of Christ

25“There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27“Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory.28“But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

29Then He told them a parable: “Behold the fig tree and all the trees; 30as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. 31“So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. 32“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. 33“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

34“Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; 35for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. 36“But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

37Now during the day He was teaching in the temple, but at evening He would go out and spend the night on the mount that is called Olivet. 38And all the people would get up early in the morning to come to Him in the temple to listen to Him.
Intercessor I am not saying there's isn't an endtime for the world or for me -for we are all appointed to die once. I will remain steadfast and grounded (God williing) on Loving Jesus. There has been so many endtime predictions throughout the millenium that it makes more sense for me to focus on Jesus' Love and salvation like the multitudes who have preceded us.
Intercessor whether it comes or not (because I can't say definitely) I will be Loving Jesus. My salvation does not hang on endtimes but Loving Jesus now. I'm focusing on Jesus. My lamp is burning brightly, glory to God. But if the endtimes draws you to Jesus, so be it.
Intercessor I'm motivated by Jesus' Love. Sometimes I fall short and I repent whole heartedly. Agape guides me. I don't disrespect your belief, I'm just not focus on endtimes since the Light is inside me.

Dear Father, let intelligent readers understand this is not about worry, but about prayer. Even Abraham, when The Lord revealed what He was about to do in Sodom, prayed and asked to spare lives — “what if there are 50 — what if there are 45, will You spare the city for 40? Will You spare it for... 35... 20... 10?

Jesus said that when there were wars and persecution “stay on the alert and pray for strength to escape these things and stand before the Son of Man” (Luke 21:36). There are no atheists in a foxhole (war) but people praying for their lives. God bless in Jesus’ Name

All Christians who really love the Lord with all their heart, mind and soul should not worry, nor fear of the coming destruction and desolation to earth due to the rise of sin and evil. Just as Sodom and Ghommorrah were deep in sin and they refuse to repent, horrible things shall come to sinners first and then to the whole world. It is the beginging, it is the start of what Jesus said. Heaven and earth shall pass away..... What this really mean? Where the human race are heading now? All I can say is this. Draw closer to God and God will draw closer to you. Nothing we owe in this world, everything is borrowed and it will stay here on earth when we depart to our eternal home in heaven. The deepest desire of everyone of us is this. To see the smiling face of our wonderful, faithful and true Savior and Lord Jesus Christ waiting for us at the gates of heaven to welcome us and be with forever and ever. Amen

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Brother Colin, I am not shivering in fear but pointing people to prayer and teaching the Bible (not my opinion, by the way). Iran is allied with Russia and China, and the Allies the US rescued in WW1 and WW2 have by and large forgotten both history (how to deal with fascists before they become too big a problem like Hitler became) and common sense (That Iran and North Korea are heading down the same track as Nazi German pre WW2)....

Perhaps the Bible verse itself in Greek will make Jesus’ point more plain than it already is in Luke 21:36...

“But keep on the alert at all times, praying in order that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Lexicon

SO
δὲ (de)
Conjunction
Strong's Greek 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

KEEP WATCH
ἀγρυπνεῖτε (agrypneite)
Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's Greek 69: Ultimately from a and hupnos; to be sleepless, i.e. Keep awake.

AT
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's Greek 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

ALL
παντὶ (panti)
Adjective - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

TIMES
καιρῷ (kairō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 2540: Fitting season, season, opportunity, occasion, time. Of uncertain affinity; an occasion, i.e. Set or proper time.

PRAYING
δεόμενοι (deomenoi)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's Greek 1189: To want for myself; I want, need; I beg, request, beseech, pray. Middle voice of deo; to beg, i.e. Petition.

THAT
ἵνα (hina)
Conjunction
Strong's Greek 2443: In order that, so that. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that.

YOU MAY HAVE THE STRENGTH
κατισχύσητε (katischysēte)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's Greek 2729: To prevail against, overpower, get the upper hand. From kata and ischuo; to overpower.

TO ESCAPE
ἐκφυγεῖν (ekphygein)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's Greek 1628: To flee out, away, escape; with an acc: I escape something. From ek and pheugo; to flee out.

ALL
πάντα (panta)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's Greek 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

THAT
τὰ (ta)
Article - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's Greek 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

IS ABOUT
μέλλοντα (mellonta)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's Greek 3195: A strengthened form of melo; to intend, i.e. Be about to be, do, or suffer something.

TO HAPPEN
γίνεσθαι (ginesthai)
Verb - Present Infinitive Middle or Passive
Strong's Greek 1096: A prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be, i.e. to become, used with great latitude.

AND
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's Greek 2532: And, even, also, namely.

TO STAND
σταθῆναι (stathēnai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Passive
Strong's Greek 2476: A prolonged form of a primary stao stah'-o; to stand, used in various applications.

BEFORE
ἔμπροσθεν (emprosthen)
Preposition
Strong's Greek 1715: From en and pros; in front of (literally or figuratively) or time).

THE
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

SON
Υἱοῦ (Huiou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.

OF MAN
ἀνθρώπου (anthrōpou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.

Intercessor I am not saying there's isn't an endtime for the world or for me -for we are all appointed to die once. I will remain steadfast and grounded (God williing) on Loving Jesus. There has been so many endtime predictions throughout the millenium that it makes more sense for me to focus on Jesus' Love and salvation like the multitudes who have preceded us.
Intercessor whether it comes or not (because I can't say definitely) I will be Loving Jesus. My salvation does not hang on endtimes but Loving Jesus now. I'm focusing on Jesus. My lamp is burning brightly, glory to God. But if the endtimes draws you to Jesus, so be it.
Intercessor I'm motivated by Jesus' Love. Sometimes I fall short and I repent whole heartedly. Agape guides me. I don't disrespect your belief, I'm just not focus on endtimes since the Light is inside me.

🙏God we ask You in Jesus' name that You will protect The United States of America. Give the President and Congress the knowledge and wisdom how to deal with Iran and Iraq and make the President and Congress follow Your instructions. Protect the men, women, and children of North America especially the men and women who are fighting to protect this nation. And protect the innocent men, women and children in Iran and Iraq. God You be glorified in our nation.Thank You Jesus. Amen.

Similar Requests

Father, we know freedom of speech, the press, internet, social media and honesty in dealing with the masses is of much importance to You. Thank You for strengthening righteous reporters and helping those that are lost to repent (2 Peter 3:9). We long for unbiased news, freedom of the internet...
Replies
Views
“First of all, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions & thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings & all who are in authority, so we may lead a peaceful life in all godliness and dignity” (1 Tim 2:1-2). ... We ask for President Trump, his staff and campaign managers to be filled with...
Replies
Views
“First of all, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions & thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings & all who are in authority, so we may lead a peaceful life in all godliness and dignity” (1 Tim 2:1-2). ... We ask for President Trump, his staff and campaign managers to be filled with...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom