Not taking no for an answer a sin?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Most sins listed in the Bible are described--lust, hatred, homosexuality.But there are things we see where we might have to use judgement, because they're not specifically listed.Like, I've been dealing with people who don't take no for an answer.Now, where I'm thinking this might be a sin, no.1, it's disrespectful of the person who has their reasons not to do it,but also, selfishness is a sin, right?And if they see you have your legitimate reasons not to, but ONLY SEE THINGS THROUGH THEIR OWN EYES AND NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, isn't that a form of selfishness?These aren't a emergency situations, more like what they "want" instead of what they need.If you tell them no, they should have consideration for you, and not "push it", and try to talk you into it. Also, there are 7.5 billion people in the world, this "you're the only one who can do it" stuff is nonsense.People{including Christians} are conditioned to think that the person turning down the request is the selfish one, but to me, it can be that the one ASKING the request can do it in a way that makes them selfish.{And I'm not the only one who noticed this}So is not taking no for an answer,just because it's "easier" to ask you than find another way, a sin?I say on a few fronts,if we're supposed to "love our neighbor as ourselves", so inconveniencing someone, and not caring, because they think it's "coming to them", is not showing that person neighborly love, and 2}by thinking of their own needs and ignoring yours, and "insisting" when you told them no, isn't that selfishness, which is a sin?And disrespectful/I think at some level, not taking no for an answer is a sin.{Again, not talking about "desperate situations", talking about using you to make things more "convenient" for them.}And you say?

Last edited:
Jesus want us all to face challenges with postive mind and thankful heart. Those who say no to everything live in a negative world out of which Jesus alone can take them all out and make them a wonderful servants of the living God. Face challenges with confidence and wisdom that comes from heaven. Fast and pray for all sinners who take no for an answer. They surely live in a desperate situations. Jesus is right there to help them and lead them all to the path that leads to heaven.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
We were made to praise, honor and glorify the Lord our God. He alone is worthy of all praise. Wisdom, understanding and life itself belongs to Him. Jesus rose from the dead so many people, Lazarus was one of them and they were thankful to God for the wonders He did on earth. The world was...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Actions speak louder than words. God's Word is so very real; there is absolutely no mincing of words in it. Seemingly, out of nowhere, reference to "the least of these," is always somehow included wherever God imparts His wisdom about LOVE and TRUTH; leaving no doubt whatsoever as to what His...
Replies
Views
  • Article
God tested all the time the prophets of old, those who love Him and trusted His word. All the apostles were tested also and they found themselves faultless in His sight. David was so in love of God and he wanted God to test him in any possible. He said...... Test me o Lord and try me...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Because I am faithful to God to carry out the ensign assignment of “warning and watchman” to which He called me, many assume that I do not know and understand the purpose of Jesus’s sacrifice of LOVE. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Jesus told him, " I am the way, the truth, and the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Job 36–37Acts 15:22–41 They were unschooled, ordinary men, . . . and they took note that these men had been with Jesus. Acts 4:13 Neither Orville nor Wilbur Wright had a pilot’s licence. Neither had gone to college. They were bicycle mechanics with a dream and the courage to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom