Lord Bless My Enemies

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

I found this writing years ago. It is part of a prayer written by Nikolai Velimirovich entitled Lord Bless My Enemies. This is the part of His writing that spoke to my heart…

–A slave curses enemies, for he does not understand. But a son blesses them, for he understands. For a son knows that his enemies cannot touch his life.

Therefore he freely steps among them and prays to God for them.
Enemies have driven me into God’s embrace more than friends have.
Friends have bound me to earth, enemies have loosed me from earth and have demolished all my aspirations in the world.
Just as a hunted animal finds safer shelter than an un-hunted animal does, so have I, persecuted by enemies, found the safest sanctuary, having ensconced myself beneath
God ’s tabernacle, where neither friends nor enemies can slay my soul. So that my fleeing to God may have no return (I am not going to ever leave God).
so that all hope in men may be scattered like cobwebs;
so that absolute serenity may begin to reign in my soul;
so that my heart may become the grave of my two evil twins, arrogance and anger;
so that I might collect all my treasure in heaven;
ah, so that I may for once be freed from self-deception, which has entangled me in the dreadful web of illusory life.
Enemies have taught me to know what hardly anyone knows, that a person has no enemies in the world except himself.
It is truly difficult for me to say who has done me more good and who has done me more evil in the world: friends or enemies.
Therefore bless, O Lord, both my friends and enemies.

A slave curses enemies, for he does not understand. But a son blesses them, for he understands. For a son knows that his enemies cannot touch his life.–

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
I found this writing years ago. It is part of a prayer written by Nikolai Velimirovich entitled Lord Bless My Enemies. This is the part of His writing that spoke to my heart…

–A slave curses enemies, for he does not understand. But a son blesses them, for he understands. For a son knows that his enemies cannot touch his life.
Therefore he freely steps among them and prays to God for them.
Enemies have driven me into God’s embrace more than friends have.
Friends have bound me to earth, enemies have loosed me from earth and have demolished all my aspirations in the world.
Just as a hunted animal finds safer shelter than an un-hunted animal does, so have I, persecuted by enemies, found the safest sanctuary, having ensconced myself beneath
God ’s tabernacle, where neither friends nor enemies can slay my soul. So that my fleeing to God may have no return (I am not going to ever leave God).
so that all hope in men may be scattered like cobwebs;
so that absolute serenity may begin to reign in my soul;
so that my heart may become the grave of my two evil twins, arrogance and anger;
so that I might collect all my treasure in heaven;
ah, so that I may for once be freed from self-deception, which has entangled me in the dreadful web of illusory life.
Enemies have taught me to know what hardly anyone knows, that a person has no enemies in the world except himself.
It is truly difficult for me to say who has done me more good and who has done me more evil in the world: friends or enemies.
Therefore bless, O Lord, both my friends and enemies.

A slave curses enemies, for he does not understand. But a son blesses them, for he understands. For a son knows that his enemies cannot touch his life.–
Be kind to everyone and love everyone.Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
All over the earth the wonderful good news of Gods word will spread so people we do not see or know, they for sure will come to know Jesus as Savior and Lord of their life. Just as Jesus told us to do... Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Glory to the Lamb, for You are glorious and worthy to be praise, the Lamb upon the throne and unto You we lift our voice in praise, You are the Lamb upon the throne. My soul was restored to happiness, joy and peace, I found true Light to walk on and never ever enter darkness again where there...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When the night in darkness veiled, it is so obscure this solitary trail before me. This road is hard to run, my soul complains, so weary of the toil and pain in my bones. Yet, trudging on through this barren land, no aid in sight from anyone I see. Then, Jesus shining light appeared before...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Too much anger, too much hate, too much destruction, too many enemies we make when we do not have Jesus in our heart. Satan want us all destroyed, unhappy, unjoyful, without peace and joy in our hearts. Maybe we have forgotten to read Gods word to all of us.... Love one another as I have...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom