'Left Behind' - Mark 1:19-20

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee's sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men.

Mark 1:19-20 NLT

Key Thought​

There is a cost to following Jesus. Some people won't understand. Some of those who won't understand may even be in our own families. However, we are called to follow, knowing that others we love might not be willing to face the cost of that discipleship. [1] Don't be fooled, dear friend, by preachers promising everything while implying there will not be heartbreak or hardship. Some we love will not follow with us. However, our hopeful prayer is that their reluctance will be only temporary, and that through us they will come to know the Jesus we follow. The first step, however, is to follow... no matter the cost!
[1] Matthew 10:37-38.

Today's Prayer​

Give me courage, dear Father, to follow Jesus as my LORD no matter the cost. Please use me to influence those I love to come to know Jesus as their LORD. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee's sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men.

Mark 1:19-20 NLT

Key Thought​

There is a cost to following Jesus. Some people won't understand. Some of those who won't understand may even be in our own families. However, we are called to follow, knowing that others we love might not be willing to face the cost of that discipleship. [1] Don't be fooled, dear friend, by preachers promising everything while implying there will not be heartbreak or hardship. Some we love will not follow with us. However, our hopeful prayer is that their reluctance will be only temporary, and that through us they will come to know the Jesus we follow. The first step, however, is to follow... no matter the cost!
[1] Matthew 10:37-38.

Today's Prayer​

Give me courage, dear Father, to follow Jesus as my LORD no matter the cost. Please use me to influence those I love to come to know Jesus as their LORD. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
No one will be left behind when Jesus comes back and take us all home to heaven. Only those who refuse to come to Him and be saved.

Similar Requests

• Article
But soon a fierce storm came up [as Jesus and some disciples were crossing the Sea of Galilee]. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. —Mark 4:37 NLT Key Thought Storms are a part of life — even for Christians. In fact, storms are a part of life, ESPECIALLY...
Replies
Views
  • Article
These are the twelve [Jesus] chose: —Mark 3:16-19 NLT Key Thought People in God's family have names, histories, futures — and failures. They are different in their interests and their vocations. Yet they all have one thing in common: Jesus! Let's not limit our expectations or dreams for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One time Jesus entered a house, and the crowds began to gather again. Soon he and his disciples couldn't even find time to eat. When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him away. "He's out of his mind," they said. —Mark 3:20-21 NLT Key Thought Sometimes those people who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When asked why his disciples didn't fast,] Jesus replied, "Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. They can't fast while the groom is with them. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast." —Mark 2:19-20 NLT Key Thought The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand. —Mark 3:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus touched many people with his compassion, care, healing, comfort, and teaching. How did he reach so many people? Some came to him for healing because they had heard of his power over...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom