Keeping faith in faithless situations

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

It's easy to give praise reports when you have a perfect record of every prayer being answered.But I can think of a situation I've had, {and maybe some of you}, where, unless you're a masochist, you're NOT so happy.It's called prayers that haven't worked. In my own situations,the 2 biggest thorns in my side are busyness and dealing with troublesome people.Now, some prayers God has given me breakthroughs.But here's the ones I DIDN'T get out of the situations I prayed about.I've had where I have prayed with many people about removing a troublesome person from my life.Yet a few minutes after hanging up on the call on the prayer line,my cell phone rings, I check the number, and it's the annoying, troublesome person!!I was so confident that the prayer would work, and I'd be rid of them!!I placed my faith in it, but my "faith" was pretty soon let down when the person called and tried to rope me in to another problematic situation.Same with busyness.I could be going through an extreme busy period, where I don't have time to take care of my own needs,I pray about it, but again, soon after hanging up on the prayer line call, the busyness gets even worse!!Now before saying I'm praying wrong, or don't believe right,in other prayer requests my style works!!So...I don't know,but I'm honest about my emotions, and I can't say I'm "overjoyed" about the fact that I still have the problem.And I do get disappointed.

It's easy to give praise reports when you have a perfect record of every prayer being answered.But I can think of a situation I've had, {and maybe some of you}, where, unless you're a masochist, you're NOT so happy.It's called prayers that haven't worked. In my own situations,the 2 biggest thorns in my side are busyness and dealing with troublesome people.Now, some prayers God has given me breakthroughs.But here's the ones I DIDN'T get out of the situations I prayed about.I've had where I have prayed with many people about removing a troublesome person from my life.Yet a few minutes after hanging up on the call on the prayer line,my cell phone rings, I check the number, and it's the annoying, troublesome person!!I was so confident that the prayer would work, and I'd be rid of them!!I placed my faith in it, but my "faith" was pretty soon let down when the person called and tried to rope me in to another problematic situation.Same with busyness.I could be going through an extreme busy period, where I don't have time to take care of my own needs,I pray about it, but again, soon after hanging up on the prayer line call, the busyness gets even worse!!Now before saying I'm praying wrong, or don't believe right,in other prayer requests my style works!!So...I don't know,but I'm honest about my emotions, and I can't say I'm "overjoyed" about the fact that I still have the problem.And I do get disappointed.

You must set boundries for this person and enforce them. There is a book called boundries by a guy named cloud. Good read. I have set boundries by blocking phone number and calling back when i can. I have prayed for you

Ephesians 6:10... Is about spiritual warfare. Satan is always using different ways to make us backslide.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
When did I start to forget All of the great things You did? When did I throw away faith for the impossible? How did I start to believe You weren't sufficient for me? Why do I talk myself out of seeing miracles? You are more than able You are more than able (You are, You are) You are more than...
Replies
Views
  • Article
To: The Church Who Has Ears Are you modeling good or evil? There is no such thing as tepid in the Word nor works of God. Truly being the church... As a child growing up in the church, the congregation often sang a song called "Traveling Shoes." I didn’t quite understand what that song meant...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I had a burden for all of them, like fans coming out of nowhere, they show up and tells you things that only Jesus knows what is going on in their life. Some are lonely living in a remote area, while others are living in a crowded city where no one cares or speaks to them. Some a wealthy, some...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom