'Just Like in Noah's Day' - Luke 17:26-27

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Continuing to talk about his return, Jesus said,] "When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah's day. In those days, the people enjoyed banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat and the flood came and destroyed them all."

Luke 17:26-27 NLT

Key Thought​

Noah's message and preparation went totally unappreciated by his contemporaries. They ignored his warnings about God's impending judgment and their need to repent. They went on doing what they had always done, even as the rain started to fall. When Jesus returns in his glory, those who have lived for him will be waiting in expectation for his return and be overjoyed. However, those who have ignored his call to follow him and who have spurned his grace will be caught off guard just as essentially everyone in Noah's day was. It's sad. It's tragic. Let's try to make a difference in as many lives in our day as we can!

Today's Prayer​

Father, I know Jesus will come with glory. I know that his return will catch many off guard. Please use me to help those around me to be prepared and full of joy at the return of Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

[Continuing to talk about his return, Jesus said,] "When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah's day. In those days, the people enjoyed banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat and the flood came and destroyed them all."

Key Thought​

Noah's message and preparation went totally unappreciated by his contemporaries. They ignored his warnings about God's impending judgment and their need to repent. They went on doing what they had always done, even as the rain started to fall. When Jesus returns in his glory, those who have lived for him will be waiting in expectation for his return and be overjoyed. However, those who have ignored his call to follow him and who have spurned his grace will be caught off guard just as essentially everyone in Noah's day was. It's sad. It's tragic. Let's try to make a difference in as many lives in our day as we can!

Today's Prayer​

Father, I know Jesus will come with glory. I know that his return will catch many off guard. Please use me to help those around me to be prepared and full of joy at the return of Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
We are living like in Noahs day, it is happening the samething. When you share the truth of Jesus coming to earth, people mock, slander and do not believe. They keep sinning against the Lord and do not want to get right with the Lord.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Key Thought​

Today's Prayer​

Continue reading...
We should be ready to depart planet earth. Anytime soon Jesus shall appear in the cloud of heaven and will take us all to His glorioius presence. Believe and trust His word.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Concerning conditions at his return, Jesus continued,] "And the world will be as it was in the days of Lot. People went about their daily business — eating and drinking, buying and selling, farming and building — until the morning Lot left Sodom. Then fire and burning sulfur rained down from...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But the teachers of religious law who had arrived from Jerusalem said, "[Jesus is] possessed by Satan, the prince of demons. That's where he gets the power to cast out demons." Jesus called them over and responded with an illustration. "How can Satan cast out Satan?" he asked. "A kingdom...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Later, Levi invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. (There were many people of this kind among Jesus' followers.) But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But Jesus reprimanded [the evil spirit]. "Be quiet! Come out of the man," he ordered. At that, the evil spirit screamed, threw the man into a convulsion, and then came out of him. —Mark 1:25-26 NLT Key Thought Jesus had power over the evil one and the vile power he seeks to wield. Jesus...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued talking about his return,] "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom