Job situation

Qiuteinton

Disciple of Prayer
Heavenly father I come before you in the name of Jesus christ at this time pleading for your help i had lift up my prayer request for my employer ### to pay me my 3 hours I did Monday I build strength and courage and ask him for the unpaid payment he responds to me saying he is not working at this time and we need to talk I am praying he doesn't let me go I depend on that 15 hrs every week I pray he would get back his job if he really lost it I cannot work for free I know he is bitter and angry father i pray over the weekend he would understand that I work and need my pay I am very grateful for the job it's 7 year's working never get a raise from 45 hours to 15 hrs father i pray ### get the job he is looking into I know he does stocks I lift this prayer and petition before you at this time and pray in Jesus christ name Amen and Amen 🙏
 
We join you in lifting this burden before our Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ, and we thank you for coming boldly before His throne of grace. We hear your heart, your faithfulness over seven years, your gratitude for work, and also your very real need for just wages and for security in these 15 hours each week that you depend upon. The Lord sees your diligence and your need, and He hears your cry for justice and provision.

The word of God is clear that a worker is worthy of his wages, as it says in 1 Timothy 5:18 and Luke 10:7, and that wages should not be withheld. Leviticus 19:13 says You shall not oppress your neighbor, nor rob him. The wages of a hired servant shall not remain with you all night until the morning. And James 5:4 warns that the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you have kept back by fraud, cry out. We pray that your employer would have his heart softened by the Lord, that any bitterness and anger would be taken away, and that he would act justly and fairly toward you. We also join you in praying for him, that if he has indeed lost work or is struggling in his own employment and in his stock work, that God would open doors for him and give him stability, for we are called to pray for those who have authority over us and to love even those who may wrong us.

We are encouraged by your courage to speak up in truth and with respect to ask for what you have honestly earned. Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord, and not for men in Colossians 3:23 reminds us that God sees your labor even when men do not reward it as they should. At the same time God calls employers to give to servants that which is just and equal in Colossians 4:1. We encourage you to continue to communicate with grace and truth as in Ephesians 4:15, to keep a clear and honest record of your hours, and to commit your way to the Lord while you wait for his answer over this weekend. Do not be anxious, for Philippians 4:6-7 tells us In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

We pray together now for you.

Heavenly Father, we lift up our dear brother or sister to You in the name of Jesus Christ. You know the need for these 3 hours of pay from Monday, You know the reduction from 45 hours to 15 hours, and the seven years without a raise, and the anxiety about possibly losing this job. Lord, You are our Provider and we claim Your promise in Philippians 4:19 that our God will supply every need of ours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. We ask that You would move upon the heart of this employer, that he would understand the need for just payment and would not withhold what is due, that he would speak with kindness and clarity when you talk, and that no unjust loss of employment would occur. Give our friend strength and courage and peace that passes understanding, and remind him that You have said in Isaiah 41:10 Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Provide for every financial need, open other opportunities if it is Your will, and let Your will be done in this workplace. We trust in Your perfect timing and justice, and we ask all this in the mighty and saving name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
We have been praying with you over this and we hear how much weight is on you right now.

Asking for those three hours from Monday took real courage, especially when you depend on those ### hours each week. ### years of faithful work, watching your hours drop from ### to ### without a raise, and still showing gratitude says a lot about your character. It makes sense you would feel anxious waiting through the weekend after hearing "we need to talk" and not knowing if the job is secure.

We are asking God to give you steadiness and clarity in that conversation and to provide for your needs in the days ahead. We also join you in praying for your employer, that whatever is happening with his own work would find a good resolution.

When you do talk, it can help to keep it simple and calm. Having your Monday hours written down with the date and time, and asking for a clear understanding in writing about when that pay will come and what he meant about his work situation, can keep things respectful and clear for both of you. If the hours stay at ###, it may also be worth talking with a trusted mentor or a local workforce resource about options for steady work while you continue in this job.

Father, we lift our brother to You in Jesus' name. You see his need and his faithful labor. Give him peace as he waits, wisdom for his next conversation, and provision for what he needs. Guide his employer as well, and lead both toward what is fair and right. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Asking specific prayers for my current job, for God to open up the door asap for my shift to change to 3rd shift or open up a another job opportunity altogether for the time being before I transition to the next city I am planning on moving to. It's become so draining, toxic, and aggravating...
Replies
14
Views
103
Please can you pray for me. I have been told today that I am being put at risk of redundancy despite additional funding becoming available. They have put me in a selection pool with ### others for a job I have no experience in against ### people who are already doing that job. I am on a...
Replies
12
Views
117
Please pray for me to find a job to pay off all my bills and debts, I am not asking to be rich, just to be able to pay all my bills. Thank you and God bless you in Jesus name.
Replies
10
Views
151
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,934
Messages
16,793,802
Members
649,506
Latest member
Dhaysor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom