Is the ratrace one of the devils tools?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

We've all heard the term the ratrace.It's the people in the workworld who, although strangers to each other, all go out in throngs into the workworld, and they all have this understanding{I hear them talk}that no sacrifice is too great for their idol, money. So what I see is, they give up their REAL human needs, by neglecting healthy eating,{junk foods or at "unnormal" times, lose sleep{some wake up way before their time,like 430 am.}then when the flu season comes, you wonder why so many of them get sick, because they don't get adequate rest and nutrition.Not only that,the ironic thing, they're working to support their families, yet don't have quality time to spend with their families!!Also, in Japan,there's something called "Kiroshi, where people actually work themselves into an early death,via heart attacks and other stress related illnesses!!Add to that, women used to live longer than men, but since jpining the ratrace, they're been dying younger from stress related illnesses, too. Now, add to all this, do you think this is from God or the devil?God instituted the Sabbath day,a day of REST. Also, after creation, God set an example by "resting on the seventh day."Second point, when they're that busy, they minds are focused on competing with others to outdo them{greed}.Also, how can you work constantly, and think of God if your mind is on the job?Also, with that material gain they're cutting years off their lifetime,and their soul is more tuned in to the ratrace then to God, so like the Biblical question goes,"what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?"I get caught up in the ratrace too, but more because circumstances force me into it. But I hate it.Some of them, however, thrive on it.{I hear people talk.}So which direction does the ratrace come from? I think it's just another distraction from the devil, to keep our minds on worldly things.See the point?

Yes, “the rat race” is likened to “the boasting of what one has and does” which John says clearly, “is not from the Father” (1 John 2:16).

Also all education taught apart from God being central (like nurses should be taught since God says not to kill the opposite is also clear — the preservation of the smallest amount of life is glorifying to God in whose image man was at one time created.

Anything else leads to vain philosophy and a man centered humanism and uses the brain God gave a person to make up stories like He doesn’t exist, we came from apes or the universe came into perfect order from an explosion (the opposite of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, which is if we remember from like 7th Grade, “All Matter Tends towards Disorganization,” not organization, much less life, sunsets, music, puppies and the beauty of a healthy, loving family that thanks God for all these things...

This ratrace in our workplace is brought to us by satan who want us all worry, full of stress trying to get ahead of everyone else. Sometimes stepping on other peoples feet and needs. That is exactly what Jesus told us not to do. Love one another means, help, guide, inspire others to follow the Lord all the way to heaven. The devil says, get ahead of everyone, step on others, put down those who are on your way. do not care, do not mind anything. Now, all Christians should choose this day to do what Jesus want us all to do. Fast and pray for those who are on the ratrace, trying so hard to get ahead. Jesus will save their souls and will calm their appetite for more money.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Also, "the rat race" is parallel to the other common American phrase, "Keeping up with the Jones's" (which is actually Jones'). To work and strive to have "two cars in every driveway and a chicken in every pot" version of The American dream which was from the late "Roaring 20s" and is far more complicated today -- "Several cars in every driveway, a cell phone in every hand, several other electronic devices, and whatever we want to wear or eat wherever we want to wear or eat it."

It is the antithesis or exact opposite of Acts 4:32, "And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them."

I'm just saying even Christianity has been influenced by the the world from where it was right after Jesus ascended and along with the Father sent the Holy Spirit and when the only "pastors" of the church were Peter, James and John, who had just had Jesus as their professor for three years and unlimited amounts of individual tutoring. Sorry brother Joel.

Also, "the rat race" is parallel to the other common American phrase, "Keeping up with the Jones's" (which is actually Jones'). To work and strive to have "two cars in every driveway and a chicken in every pot" version of The American dream which was from the late "Roaring 20s" and is far more complicated today -- "Several cars in every driveway, a cell phone in every hand, several other electronic devices, and whatever we want to wear or eat wherever we want to wear or eat it."

It is the antithesis or exact opposite of Acts 4:32, "And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them."

I'm just saying even Christianity has been influenced by the the world from where it was right after Jesus ascended and along with the Father sent the Holy Spirit and when the only "pastors" of the church were Peter, James and John, who had just had Jesus as their professor for three years and unlimited amounts of individual tutoring. Sorry brother Joel.
I caught on what you meant "brother Joel.". He eggs them on with this type of teaching.

It's a virus in the body of Christ that we are spreading to other places even Africa
And I think it's not just"Joel", I notice a lot of Christians seem to have charecteristics very similar to the people in the world, to a point where I can't see much of a difference .

I seem to recall Jesus saying something about " the cares of this life..." in the Parable of the Sower... and they indeed " choke out the Word...." ... Lord help us be about the Father's business. In Jesus Name, Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
Preface: In urban vernacular, to say to someone "You got served," is to generally convey a message of having put one in his/her place or to have triumphed over. Howbeit, scriputrally translated, it simply means, because God has blessed you, bless someone else. Because Jesus gave freely to us...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As someone who pays attention to news and information about higher desire wives, I’ve noticed an increasing number of confessions and articles from wives who long for sex more than their husbands. But I rarely see features from husbands sharing their experience of being the lower desire spouse...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom