Is restlessness a sign of the fallen nature?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Most unsaved people I notice can't sit still. They feel that unless they're always "on the run" every minute of every day,their life is a waste. They feel "troubled" when they have time on their hands.Look at when the red light changes. The very second it changes, there goes the horn.Restlessness, and impatience.Even when you have the right of way, you see when they're stopped, the wheels are rolling.{also, tailgating.} Now since the fruit of the spirit involves calmness, and these people I see who are restless, impatient,hyper, etc, are usually unsaved, I wonder if that's not a coincidence. that actually these traits are part of the fallen nature.Because the Bible does state, "The wicked are as the troubled sea,always casting up mire".A connection between restlessness, impatience,and being "hyper" and being unsaved?{And before saying they might have a heavy schedule, hello!!I know more than a few old ladies who I know are retired, and they're just as impatient as anyone.Is it a work of the flesh?

I would guess maybe in some cases,or maybe just "programmed into it" by the ratrace.

That's another possibility, in which case the person would need to figure out a way to calm themselves down.

Restlessness, as well as worry and fear comes from satan. He want us all looking out for new things, new trends, new activities, new horizons. He does not want you or me fasting or praying for lost souls of our city and towns where we live. He does not want anyone reading Gods word and teaching our children how much Jesus loves them. He wants us all to be busy with earthly matters, seeking gold and silver somewhere else. Jesus want us all full of peace, joy and happiness. He want us all busy doing Gods work like feeing the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and those in prison. Remember this prayer. Thou has made us for Thyself o Lord, Our hearts are restless until it finds rest in Thee. The arms of Jesus is wide open. Just go to Him and find true rest, no one can give to you.

Restlessness, as well as worry and fear comes from satan. He want us all looking out for new things, new trends, new activities, new horizons. He does not want you or me fasting or praying for lost souls of our city and towns where we live. He does not want anyone reading Gods word and teaching our children how much Jesus loves them. He wants us all to be busy with earthly matters, seeking gold and silver somewhere else. Jesus want us all full of peace, joy and happiness. He want us all busy doing Gods work like feeing the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and those in prison. Remember this prayer. Thou has made us for Thyself o Lord, Our hearts are restless until it finds rest in Thee. The arms of Jesus is wide open. Just go to Him and find true rest, no one can give to you.
Right, and if he keeps us always busy, and things always happening in ones life, they don't get a chance to focus on their need for God.

I would guess maybe in some cases,or maybe just "programmed into it" by the ratrace.

That's another possibility, in which case the person would need to figure out a way to calm themselves down.
I mean, what people do from a distance, it wouldn't bring it to mind, but the thing is, by them tailgating, blaring the horn at me, if I'm taking a "mellow walk"and they're rushing behind me , I like doing things at my pace, not someone elses, so I find it irritating ,like they're trying to force me into their pace.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Just follow the crowd... many would say. But, where the crowd are heading. That is something we have to find out. Are they on the road to the glorious presence of Jesus? Or are they on track to get more money, more power, more material possesions rather than God? Restlessness comes to us because we are not busy working for Gods kingdom. Restlessness is one way to get depressed and full of anxiety. Jesus want us all full of peace and happiness. It is up to us to choose what we want on earth.

Just follow the crowd... many would say. But, where the crowd are heading. That is something we have to find out. Are they on the road to the glorious presence of Jesus? Or are they on track to get more money, more power, more material possesions rather than God? Restlessness comes to us because we are not busy working for Gods kingdom. Restlessness is one way to get depressed and full of anxiety. Jesus want us all full of peace and happiness. It is up to us to choose what we want on earth.
Right, that's another thing. Like I've heard bosses in some businesses talk, and it's like a broken record,is this account working out, a lot of volume from the customers, why would it be slow today?Their whole life is wrapped up in it.But,"What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul?"

Trust God! Let's Pray: God I ask You in Jesus’ name that I will trust You one hundred percent with all my heart, mind, body, soul, and strength. That I will not lean to my own understanding, but acknowledge You in all my ways and allow You to direct my footsteps each day (moment by moment). God all that I have asked of You in this prayer please do the same for the writer of this prayer. I Trust You God… I Trust You God… I Trust You God! Thank You Jesus!

Similar Requests

• Article
If you believe your husband doesn’t love you anymore, we understand how painful it must feel. After all, you married them because they were the love of your life, so where did the marriage go wrong? The first thing you shouldn’t do is blame yourself. Marriage takes work, and sometimes people...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If you are a woman out there and feel like you do not have those same feelings of love and affection as you used to have towards your husband, or you feel like you may resent or even say, “I hate my husband”; then this article is for you. I want to start by sharing a story with you of a couple...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As far as I can see, there's a pandemic all right, but not the one everyone but me is obsessed with, coronavirus, but of rudeness.Someone can't say I'm imagining it, because the Bible tells us,"In the last days people will be{and one of the traits is "lovers of self".Now if someone is a lover...
Replies
Views
Pray for those suffering from a "Victim Mentality!" VICTIM MENTALITY by Dennis King ISBN to be awarded Copyright 2021 Dennis King License Thank you for respecting the work of this author. This work is licensed for your personal enjoyment. Any and all information herein may be used in Christian...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Many times, when we are in a situation with our spouse where there’s been an error, there’s been a struggle, we’re in conflict, or they’ve done something that we don’t like or vice versa, it’s a place where we want to confront them. We want to say, “Hey, can we change this?” Or maybe they did...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom