Is jealousy of the rich a sin?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

You know,idolatry isn't just bowing to a stone image. What I see as the central figure of an unsaved persons life is a craving for money, and a desire to get more and more of it,and do all kinds of things they wouldn't normally do for it.This is not my imagination; I hear all the time they, themselves admit this. And because of this attitude,the craving in the flesh for money creates another thing,and so the title of this blog--envy of the rich. Oh I hear them talk,"Look at so and so, they don't have any worries, they have all that money.why them?What about me?"That's why people gravitate towards the politicians who stress the "free giveaways".That's why they moan when someone else wins the lottery, and not them. But are they Biblically in tow with this attitude?I don't think so, because in many cases those who prosper in this world,pay their dues in the afterlife.{The rich man and Lazarus}Being rich might help you avoid some pitfalls in this life, but it won't save you spiritually."Truly I say to you, it is harder for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter Heaven."Also, if you put things backwards, like crave the riches, but not rely on God,that's more a sign of just a craving of the flesh than a spiritual attitude.{"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, then all these things will be added to it."So all this envy of those with more money, it gets tiresome listening to it,but it's also a form of jealousy.{"Be content with such as you have"}

Is jealousy of the rich a sin? Yes it is!!!! For love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame (Solomon 8:6).

Question: "What does the Bible say about jealousy?"

Answer:
When we use the word “jealous,” we use it in a sense of being envious of someone who has something we do not have. This kind of jealousy is a sin and is not characteristic of a Christian; rather, it shows that we are still being controlled by our own desires (1 Corinthians 3:3). Galatians 5:26 says, “Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.”

The Bible tells us that we are to have the perfect kind of love that God has for us. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” (1 Corinthians 13:4-5). The more we focus on ourselves and our own desires, the less we are able to focus on God. When we harden our hearts to the truth, we cannot turn to Jesus and allow Him to heal us (Matthew 13:15). But when we allow the Holy Spirit to control us, He will produce in us the fruit of our salvation, which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).

Being jealous indicates that we are not satisfied with what God has given us. The Bible tells us to be content with what we have, for God will never fail or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5). In order to combat jealousy, we need to become more like Jesus and less like ourselves. We can get to know Him through Bible study, prayer, and fellowship with mature believers. As we learn how to serve others instead of ourselves, our hearts will begin to change. “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will” (Romans 12:2).

Any kind of jelousy is a sin before the Lord. Just be happy and joyful in the Lord, be grateful to Him for what He has given you. Putting up with Jonesses is a sign of jelousy. What others have i want to have it too. Try not to be jelous about things, those things shall not enter heaven. Do not be jelous about people or places. Just give all your burdens to the Lord. Pray for people to get save and be on their way to heaven. Pray for places you visit, to seek the Lord and wait for His appearing in the clouds to take us all to heaven.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
And the burdens of our life were taken away from Jesus, including jelousy. Now we are happy all the way. Jesus can cleanse your heart from anything that despleases Him. He is the One who heal our burdened heart. He is the One who comfort our troubled soul.

Similar Requests

• Article
19 Jesus then said, ‘At one time, there was a rich man who had very expensive clothes. This rich man ate big meals every day. 20 There was also a poor man called Lazarus. He had sores all over his body. He lay outside the gate of the rich man. 21 He was very hungry. He wanted to eat the bits of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I looked down at my hands the other day and noticed that they were calloused. I recognized them because certainly I've had them before, but seeing them, as the result of the suitcase that I have been made to pull around, roused a different response. While cognizant of effects that this work...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Psalm 1 is a great doorway to the New Year. If we follow it carefully, it can replace all of the frustrations that we experience with our New Year's resolutions. According to Psalm 1, we can chart our lives in a much more powerful and lasting way. We can choose a course that leads to success and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Good day people of God! In keeping with yesterday's context, yet another of my favorite scriptures explains why God, in His infinite wisdom, sometimes flips the spiritual script. When the religious nose is too high in the air, as was the case with the Pharisees, God can't get the glory...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What Does the Bible Say about Complaining? Lori Stanley Roeleveld What does the Bible say about complaining? At times in history, believers have asked this as a matter of curiosity, something to know to live by God’s commands. While that still motivates us today, we also see that we are now...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom