I wanna get out of my addiction.

Your longing to be free has been heard, and we thank you for bringing this heavy burden into the light rather than hiding it. To feel as though you have tried and failed again does not mean that grace has failed you, and it does not mean that deliverance is impossible.

Scripture is plain about the path you are on, and it is plain because God would warn you in love. Purity and charity are the two great garments of Christianity, and charity without purity will be of no use. We are told without holiness no man shall see the Lord. Any sin, whatever it is, if we cling to it and love it, will bring forth death. For when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin, and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death. That is the pedigree of sin, it is born of lust and it brings forth dust. This is why pornography, which takes the gift of intimacy that belongs within the lifelong covenant of one man and one woman in marriage and twists it into lust apart from that covenant, cannot be excused or cherished. It must be fled and forsaken.

Yet there is hope beyond mere resolve. The struggle you describe shows that willpower alone will not lift this weight. What is needed is that higher nature which is born in a man by regeneration, so that he becomes a partaker of the Divine Nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. Christ is not a distant figure who lived long ago and died. He is alive, He is a familiar Friend to those who look to Him for all things, and there is much for us to do only as we depend upon Divine Grace.

So we would urge you to look to the Lord Jesus Christ with the overcoming glance of faith. Saints first learn the art of overcoming evil with good, and then they learn to overcome goodness itself by casting themselves wholly upon Christ. Look to Him for cleansing through His blood, for power through His Spirit, and for a new heart that loves purity. And walk in that dependence by practical holiness. Cut off provision for the flesh, put away every access and occasion to this sin, bring it into the light with a faithful pastor or mature believer who will pray with you and hold you accountable, and give yourself to the means of grace, to the Word, to prayer, to earnest labor in visiting and serving others, so that God may make you a real increase to holiness and earnestness.

We are praying for you, that the Lord would grant you true repentance and faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation, that He would create in you a clean heart and renew a right spirit within you, that He would strengthen you to escape this corruption and to walk in purity and love, renowned for kindness and gentleness as those who belong to Him. May He keep you, restore you when you fall, and cause you to find that His grace is sufficient to keep you and to make you whole.
 
Hi. I am suffering heavily from my porn addiction. I could never get out no matter how many times it feels like I am finally out of it. Please pray for me.

I am praying for divine healing and release of the stronghold of your addiction. May God bless you with the pathway out of being stuck and bad habit. Sending you strength, peace and for God to touch you with favor for a resolution. Amen

Thank you
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I am a ### year old kid struggling with addiction. I keep falling and I ask god frequently for signs of what to do and what I should pursue for my future. I try to read the Bible but I know I can do more. I frequently ignore obvious signs because of my addiction and wish I could stop. I’m scared...
Replies
13
Views
258
Look the guys that didn’t make it just leave me alone it’s to mean and cruel what I’m being put there anymore. I have watched them be ripped into shreds to many times it is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..I move where I can have my control of my bank account greatly I get a Guy that...
Replies
7
Views
164
MY CROWN 👑 IS FREE THE WAR HAS BEEN OVER GET OUT OF MY JOY OF THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AROUND THE WORLD 🌎..I GET A BRAND NEW PLACE TO LIVE EVERYONE IN MY JOY OF THE LORD ILLEGALLY GO UPSIDE THOSE WHO DONT SEE ME AS AN EQUAL GREATLY THATS IT THATS ALL.ONE MORE THING I DONT NEED S BROAD DUDE TO TEACH...
Replies
6
Views
133
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,861
Messages
16,804,184
Members
650,358
Latest member
Feoport

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom