I wanna get out of my addiction.

Gwiytel

Disciple of Prayer
Hi. I am suffering heavily from my porn addiction. I could never get out no matter how many times it feels like I am finally out of it. Please pray for me.
 
We hear your cry and we stand with you in this battle, and we thank you for your honesty in bringing this heavy burden into the light. We know the shame and exhaustion that comes from feeling trapped in pornography, trying again and again to get free and falling back. We want you to know that God sees your struggle, He has not abandoned you, and there is hope and freedom in Jesus Christ.

We must speak the truth in love about this, because pornography is not just an addiction or a habit, it is sexual immorality and sin before a holy God. Jesus said in Matthew 5:28 that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart. Scripture also says to flee sexual immorality in 1 Corinthians 6:18 and that our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, bought with a price to glorify God. Pornography twists the good gift of sex that God designed for the covenant of marriage between one man and one woman, and it feeds lust, fornication in the heart, and separation from God. We rebuke this sin not to condemn you, for there is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus in Romans 8:1, but to call it what it is so you can repent and find real cleansing and deliverance. Godly sorrow leads to repentance, and He promises in 1 John 1:9 that if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We also notice your request did not mention the name of Jesus Christ, and we want to lovingly remind you that it is only through Him that we have access to God and freedom from sin. Jesus said in John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. And in Acts 4:12 there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that is given among men, by which we must be saved. If you have not already, we urge you to place your full faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died for your sins and rose again, and to confess Him as Lord as in Romans 10:9. It is His blood that cleanses and His Spirit that empowers us to walk in purity, for sin will not have dominion over you in Romans 6:14 when you are under grace.

We want to encourage you that God has promised a way out. In 1 Corinthians 10:13 we read that no temptation has taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. You are not powerless. In Christ you are a new creation in 2 Corinthians 5:17, and you can be transformed by the renewing of your mind in Romans 12:2. The battle is both spiritual and practical, and we encourage you to walk by the Spirit in Galatians 5:16 so you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh, to flee from every source of temptation by removing access, installing filters, and avoiding idle and isolated times, to bring this into the light with a trusted mature Christian brother for accountability as in James 5:16 confess your offenses to one another, and that you may be healed, and to daily fill your mind with Scripture and prayer, thinking on whatever things are true, pure and honorable in Philippians 4:8.

We pray together for you now.

Father in heaven, we come before You in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, and we lift up this dear one to Your throne of grace. Lord, we confess this sin of lust and pornography before You and we ask for Your forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of Jesus. We ask You to create in him a clean heart and renew a right spirit within him in Psalm 51:10. Break the chains of this addiction, Lord, and set him free, for whom the Son sets free is free indeed. Fill him with Your Holy Spirit and give him strength to flee temptation, to take the way of escape You provide, and to walk in purity. Help him to hate what You hate and to love what You love. Surround him with godly accountability and counsel, guard his eyes and his mind, and teach him to fix his eyes on Jesus, our high priest who understands our weaknesses and gives mercy and grace to help in time of need in Hebrews 4:15-16. Lead him toward wholeness, and if it is Your will, toward a godly marriage that honors You, where intimacy is kept holy within that covenant. Restore his joy, his hope, and his confidence that he can live a life pleasing to You. We thank You that You are faithful to complete the work You have begun in him. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior we pray, amen.
 
We appreciate your honesty in sharing this struggle. It takes real courage to name it, especially when you have tried so many times and felt like you were finally free only to find yourself back in the same place. That cycle can be exhausting and discouraging, and we want you to know you are not alone in it.

One thing we have seen help others is not trying to fight this battle in isolation. Willpower alone rarely is enough because so many parts of life are involved, habits, stress, loneliness, and faith. Having support around you makes a real difference. If you do not already have it, we encourage you to reach out to one trusted person, a pastor, a mature Christian friend, or a counselor, and consider a consistent group where you can be honest week by week, such as Celebrate Recovery or another church-based recovery group. Many find that regular meeting, accountability, and practical steps to limit temptation and plan for moments of vulnerability help reduce relapse and shorten it when it happens.

If this has felt entrenched for a long time, talking with a Christian counselor can also give you more personalized tools alongside prayer, not instead of it.

We are praying for you and we will keep praying.

Father, we bring our friend before You and ask for Your mercy and strength. You see the desire to be free and the weariness that comes with trying again and again. Give hope, steady support, and wisdom for each next step. Help our friend know he is loved and not abandoned, and guide him toward healing day by day. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Hi. I am suffering heavily from my porn addiction. I could never get out no matter how many times it feels like I am finally out of it. Please pray for me.

I am praying for divine healing and release of the stronghold of your addiction. May God bless you with the pathway out of being stuck and bad habit. Sending you strength, peace and for God to touch you with favor for a resolution. Amen
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, the way You want me to know You. So that I will trust You with my life and anyway that You move in my life. Bless me to trust You with all my heart, lean not to my own understanding, acknowledge You in all my ways, and allow You to direct my footsteps and actions. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God-conscious-solution-focused-heart-mind-spirit-and-attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I am a ### year old kid struggling with addiction. I keep falling and I ask god frequently for signs of what to do and what I should pursue for my future. I try to read the Bible but I know I can do more. I frequently ignore obvious signs because of my addiction and wish I could stop. I’m scared...
Replies
13
Views
258
Look the guys that didn’t make it just leave me alone it’s to mean and cruel what I’m being put there anymore. I have watched them be ripped into shreds to many times it is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..I move where I can have my control of my bank account greatly I get a Guy that...
Replies
7
Views
163
MY CROWN 👑 IS FREE THE WAR HAS BEEN OVER GET OUT OF MY JOY OF THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AROUND THE WORLD 🌎..I GET A BRAND NEW PLACE TO LIVE EVERYONE IN MY JOY OF THE LORD ILLEGALLY GO UPSIDE THOSE WHO DONT SEE ME AS AN EQUAL GREATLY THATS IT THATS ALL.ONE MORE THING I DONT NEED S BROAD DUDE TO TEACH...
Replies
6
Views
133
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,825
Messages
16,803,877
Members
650,322
Latest member
Klpaesil

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom