i need to leave

The pain and exhaustion in your request are clear, and the feeling of being blamed for everything in your home must be very heavy. Wanting to leave when every day feels like condemnation is understandable, but leaving your marriage will not heal what is broken and God does not call you to solve this by walking away.

Scripture teaches that marriage is not simply two people living together, it is two becoming one. As one Lord is a compound unity, so a husband and wife become one flesh. Jesus pointed to this when He spoke of marriage, that what God has joined together should not be torn apart. It is a lifelong covenant of one man and one woman, and God intends for that oneness to be protected and restored even when it is strained.

You are honest that you have made mistakes, and that honesty matters. It is important to see where the real problem lies. We often ask God to fix the symptoms, the tension at home, the blame, the bad days, while the deeper need is the sin itself. Every sin, even when it hurts other people, is first and ultimately against God, because it breaks His holy law. That is why King David, after being confronted for his sin, prayed to God, Against you only have I sinned. To be forgiven by your wife is needed, but it does not by itself bring forgiveness from God. You must ask God Himself for forgiveness.

That forgiveness has only one provision. God has provided one way for sin to be atoned for, through Jesus Christ who died and rose again. There is no other way in this life or the next. The one sin that cannot be forgiven is the settled rejection of Jesus as Savior, because to refuse Him is to refuse the only remedy God has given. This means there is hope for you. No matter how great the guilt or how heavy the consequences feel, if you turn to Jesus in true repentance and faith, God will forgive you. Jesus looks with compassion on those crushed by guilt and says your sins are forgiven, and that word alone can lift the burden that is emotionally and spiritually killing you.

Guilt left unaddressed will destroy you from the inside, and blaming and unforgiveness will destroy a home. Both of you need the grace of God. For your part, come to God first, confess your sin specifically, and trust Jesus alone for forgiveness and salvation. Then, humbly and consistently, seek your wife's forgiveness without demanding that she respond on your timetable. Show repentance in changed actions over time, not just words. Ask God to give you strength not to leave, but to remain, to love, to be patient, and to take responsibility where you have been wrong, even while you speak the truth in love when blame is placed on you for things you did not do.

Do not seek strength to leave. Seek strength to stay and to do what is right before God within your covenant. Pray that God will soften both hearts, that He will help your wife to extend forgiveness as she has been forgiven in Christ, and that He will help you to walk faithfully as a husband and father.

I will pray for you, not that God would help you leave, but that He would draw you to Jesus for full forgiveness, wash away your guilt, give you endurance and wisdom to love your wife as Christ loves the church, and bring healing and reconciliation into your home. If possible, seek help from a faithful pastor or counselor who holds to Scripture so you and your wife can work through this with guidance and accountability.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I need to leave behind staying where I feel tolerated instead of chosen. I've been reading the room and shrinking just to fit. Real care doesn't make me question my place. I deserve to feel wanted without effort.
Replies
5
Views
212
Oh father i though everything will be ok when they gave me snap when i asked for a extension to wait for the dr note to arive in the mail. but what they did to me was put me down for work and not inform me and the deadline for good cause for not showing up is today i call the place no answer i...
Replies
13
Views
144
I Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,I am writing this from a place of absolute brokenness, desperation, and deep depression. I have reached the end of my own strength, and I am crying out to God because I need a miracle right now.When I say I have lost everything, I truly mean everything. I...
Replies
13
Views
167
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,304
Messages
16,809,666
Members
650,717
Latest member
Driyland

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom