I hope it's not selfish to pray for myself...I ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Beloved of All
I hope it's not selfish to pray for myself...I seriously need a new career. I am a teacher in a very impoverished urban district. I don't mesh culturally with the kids I teach and am often dismayed by their behavior. I used to think I was relatively good at classroom management, but this year was marked down by my principal (of whom I have little confidence in to manage student behaviors either). I am burned out and downtrodden and it is a Herculean task to get out of bed each morning to come to work. I feel as if I am over my head and cannot begin to effect change for all the problems that plague these children and stunt their future prospects. I have applied to suburban and rural school districts, but I never even get a callback. I am stuck. Sometimes I think that God must have placed me here for a reason...although I am completely ineffective at doing anything that He may have had in mind. I could quit and start a non-teaching career, but I would be giving up a retirement and nice salary. Please pray for God to send me guidance. Amen
 
Have you ever seen/heard the video by ###? Teacher of the year http://www.guydoudstory.com/

Those kids need to know that Jesus loves them, and that someone cares about them. Ask the Lord what it is that He sees in them. Ask Him to give you a heart for them and the wisdom to know how to relate to them...Holy Spirit is your Teacher Counselor, Helper, Comforter.

Father, in the name of Jesus, open the eyes of this child of God's heart and reveal to her the value that these kids have in your sight. There is not one that is born an accident, but you have plans and purpose for each one, and they are all good plans. Use this teacher to impact the lives and futures of these kids. Give her insight and show her how to reach these kids. I bind her to the will and purposes of God for her life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer. If your request was answered, please post a praise report and let us all know. If your request does not seem to have been answered, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer. We all hope that our prayers are answered in the way that we want. Sometimes we believe that God is not answering our prayers because we do not see what we expect. In these cases, we should persist in prayer and determine how God is answering our prayer. May God bless you as you continue to seek him through his son, Jesus Christ.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I hope the demon is gone away from my house I hope it's not here and I hope it never will be real my curtains are open my dining room curtains are open and I don't know what to do if you don't help me Jesus then I won't do it myself
Replies
11
Views
168
Pay It Forward I hope it's OK to post this. I know a disabled couple who really need help with a power bill. If any of you can help them please call Rutherford Electric at ### for account ###. The deadline is ###. God expects us to help the poor and needy. May your help be returned 10 fold...
Replies
3
Views
18
I hope it's OK to post this. I know a disabled couple who really need help with a power bill. If any of you can help them please call Duke Energy at 800-###-#### for account ###. Press 0 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. The deadline is ###/###/####. God expects us to help the...
Replies
3
Views
49
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,200
Messages
16,820,096
Members
651,253
Latest member
Yourdarlath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom