How Much is too Much According to God?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

fantasy-3502189_640.jpg
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10: 10 ESV

A man named Joel Boutin, believes that having an overabundance of material things doesn't necessarily enrich one’s life, and I agree. Essentially Boutin believes that less is more?

Surprisingly, John backs up his position bigtime by opting out of living within an overabundance of space, things and financial responsibilities. He traded in all of that for a simple uncluttered life, one he once dreamed about. Over the years I've entertained similar revelations, and the older I get the more passionate I'm becoming about riding myself of more things that I possess but don't need. In fact, my plan is to start giving away more things to people in need.

According to a newspaper article printed in the Boston Globe in 2014, "Joel Boutin lives in a 128-square-foot house built of two-by-fours on a trailer bed in the backwoods of Durham, NC." His humble abode has no abundance, running water, sewer, heat, or electricity. And, he likes it that way.

I've made a shocking discovery! Most of the things that I thought I couldn't live without, I don't even have anymore? For me, the question is, "how long will I continue to live this way?" At what point does one take a self-inventory along with a physical inventory of life to determine what is necessary to live a joyous, peaceful giving life, and what does not? That point in time has come again for me.

Can you imagine the absence of overabundance exciting anybody? More likely than not, you can't. Perhaps you've experienced the negative side of having an overabundance of things, if only for a moment. Do these things mean more to you than godly gifts that which money can't buy?

The Bible tells us, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal." Matthew 6:19

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
And Jesus dispersed His disciples, each one to his own hometown. Amen. It's truly sad that, in this day and age, because of rebellion, so many, still unwilling to decipher or accept good over evil, choose instead to give place to "That Woman." Though, in this generation, "that woman" is often...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What is the meaning of Christmas? Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ. And we celebrate His birth because of what He came to do. 1. To Do the Will of the Father “For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.” John 6:38 “Then I said...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If you are trying to figure out how to save a marriage on the brink of divorce, then this is the information for you. At Marriage Helper, we have worked with 1000s upon 1000s of marriages to help situations just like yours. The majority of people who come to us are those where their spouse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Psalm 1 is a great doorway to the New Year. If we follow it carefully, it can replace all of the frustrations that we experience with our New Year's resolutions. According to Psalm 1, we can chart our lives in a much more powerful and lasting way. We can choose a course that leads to success and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
“My spouse is cheating. I’m hurting and emotionally exhausted because of my cheating spouse. How can I stop hurting and become emotionally healthy again?” In almost every conversation I have with a client, these are the statements I hear. I have so much compassion for these clients because I...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom