Holding grudges vs.being practical

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Okay...and I speak from some of my own experiences on this, so...we're not supposed to hold grudges.{"Be angry, but don't let the sun go down on your anger".]BUT I'm not talking about those exact circumstances.I'm talking about dealing with someone who causes you "problems.", and in order to preserve your own peace in life, you have to make a decision" to put some distance between yourself and them.Even job related. Like, there were a few I had to block their numbers to "save myself" from the problems they created.Most recent,someone who was here illegaly, and didn't have a credit card, and so couldn't call uber,so when she needed me,I may have had other commitments, and because of her "helplessness",would present a problem that the others wouldn't present. Then, she would get job assignments where she would get off on a Sunday, which is my only day off, and I had to take her. On top of all that, she started to borrow money from me, and she would not pay back, and even kept borrowing. So my point, when she wouldn't listen to reason,I had to wind up blocking her number. And when she tried to weasel back{also, doesn't take no for an answer}I was like,I wish her no harm,just, you go your way and I'll go mine.But my point, that's a little different than holding a grudge, where you don't bother with someone because of ill will. I could give other examples, like, a mother finding out a neighbor is a child molester, and not letting him near her young daughter. Isn't that different than holding a grudge?If we do something as a decision to better our situation, and stick to it, I don't see how that's not allowed, and think it's different than avoiding someone because you're "mad at them" through a personal dislike.Think so?

I didn't condone anything Steven. I don't think there is anything wrong with distancing yourself from someone as long as your not holding a grudge.
That's what I explained in the blog.If you're doing it for practical reasons,your intent is different than someone just doing it because they "have it in for someone."God knows the heart and the situation.

Before you hire someone fast and pray before the Lord for those persons you are thinking on hiring. Do not discriminate, do not be judgmental. Let Jesus handle it and all your grudges will go away from you.
I hire people who attend church and are homeless or lost their job.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Psalm 34:19-21 King James Version (KJV) 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
God can and will deliver us out of our afflictions. That does not mean He causes the afflictions does it? The Israelites seemed to get themselves into messes in the O.T. through idol worship and not following the Lord, not because God caused the messes. God helped them through their messes but did not cause them. God's patience finally wore thin and His wrath poured out on the Israelites to bring them back to Him, but only after many years of sending prophets and telling the people from turn from their wicked ways. The wicked ways were not caused by God. David got into a mess with Bathsheba, but God did not cause the mess with Bathsheba to "teach" David something. The resulting mess was a result of the sin of David, consequences. David did "learn" something, which we can all do when we get ourselves into our own messes. God will bring us through them, and we will "learn something" and maybe even trust Him more.
2 Timothy 3:16 we read, “All scripture is given by inspiration of Godand is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”.

No offence but have you not read the book of Job? God not only sent the enemy to Job but He also claimed to have been the One that did all the things to Job that the enemy did. Believe it God is the One that is in control of everything.

No offence but have you not read the book of Job? God not only sent the enemy to Job but He also claimed to have been the One that did all the things to Job that the enemy did. Believe it God is the One that is in control of everything.
Job was "released" into the hands/control of satan, but satan was limited to what satan could do to Job, by God. So yes, God can control what satan can do and get away with. God does not control what goes on between a man and the demonic/ satan, except to limit the interaction with boundaries beyond which neither man nor satan can go.

Job was "released" into the hands/control of satan, but satan was limited to what satan could do to Job, by God. So yes, God can control what satan can do and get away with. God does not control what goes on between a man and the demonic/ satan, except to limit the interaction with boundaries beyond which neither man nor satan can go.

God is in control of everything. I suggest you re read the book of job. The devil was pointed to Job, told what he could and couldn't do to Job etc.

In life, it hurts more to hold grudges than to forgive those who did wrong things to you. Anger and rage we hold inside damage us and ruins our reputation. Give it all to Jesus. He will take all away from you and give you a new heart.

God is in control of everything. I suggest you re read the book of job. The devil was pointed to Job, told what he could and couldn't do to Job etc.
If God is in control of everything, then what I am saying and thinking is what God is controlling me to say and think.? And, if God is in control of everything then He is controlling what you are saying and thinking.? God must be disagreeing with Himself?

If God is in control of everything, then what I am saying and thinking is what God is controlling me to say and think.? And, if God is in control of everything then He is controlling what you are saying and thinking.? God must be disagreeing with Himself?

The book of Hosea is another example of how God controls us. I know it sounds crazy but we can't totally figure everything out on our own and some of us are not able to because God hasn't shown us or revealed to us. Really though, no worries & no offence. The things we do have been prepared, pre planned for us yet it does seem as if we do on our own yet roads get closed and our ways are blocked from us and we have to take detours etc.

Similar Requests

• Article
We all had the best times of our life with our grandmother, Jesus has sent to us the best grandmothers to us who prayed, who loved and who wanted us all in heaven. They are so sweet, so giving and so helping. Age does not mean anything when Jesus lives in her heart. The presence of the Lord...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 51–52 , Hebrews 9 She said to herself, “If I only touch [Jesus’] cloak, I will be healed.” Matthew 9:21 Dizziness struck me in the stairwell of the office building. Overwhelmed, I gripped the banister because the stairs seemed to spin. As my heart pounded and my...
Replies
Views
  • Article
"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ’every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 7–8, Ephesians 2 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25 On our last day before we moved house, my friend brought her four-year-old daughter Kinslee to say goodbye. “I don’t want you to move,” said Kinslee. I hugged her...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Adaptation: The Message Bible While we are not to bring attention to ourselves by requiring that people follow our ritualistic instructions, we are to bring attention to Christ by proclaiming His Word and pointing them in and to His direction and instruction. Again, there's just something...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom