'Heard About Jesus' - Mark 5:25-27

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe.

Mark 5:25-27 NLT

Key Thought

Jairus (whom we met in the preceding verses) was a man, and a woman was involved in the events in today's verses. Jairus was a religious leader, and the woman couldn't practice her faith openly because her problem made her ritually unclean. He was powerful, but she was lowly and destitute because of her illness. While on the opposite end of the spectrum from Jairus in many respects, the woman was in the same position in some crucial respects — she needed the Lord, and the Lord loved her. Both of these very different people demonstrated their faith in the Lord and took risks to get his help. They weren't disappointed by the result. So what makes it so hard for us to demonstrate our need for the Lord and to take risks to draw closer to him? Let's use the examples of this woman and Jairus as our invitation to leave stale and fearful faith behind and reach after the Lord Jesus!

Today's Prayer

O God, the Almighty, give me courage, strength, and boldness to live my faith, dependence, and need for Jesus openly before others. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
3XLfOrr9d7Q

Continue reading...

A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe.

Mark 5:25-27 NLT

Key Thought

Jairus (whom we met in the preceding verses) was a man, and a woman was involved in the events in today's verses. Jairus was a religious leader, and the woman couldn't practice her faith openly because her problem made her ritually unclean. He was powerful, but she was lowly and destitute because of her illness. While on the opposite end of the spectrum from Jairus in many respects, the woman was in the same position in some crucial respects — she needed the Lord, and the Lord loved her. Both of these very different people demonstrated their faith in the Lord and took risks to get his help. They weren't disappointed by the result. So what makes it so hard for us to demonstrate our need for the Lord and to take risks to draw closer to him? Let's use the examples of this woman and Jairus as our invitation to leave stale and fearful faith behind and reach after the Lord Jesus!

Today's Prayer

O God, the Almighty, give me courage, strength, and boldness to live my faith, dependence, and need for Jesus openly before others. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
3XLfOrr9d7Q

Continue reading...
AMEN

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
While [Jesus] was preaching God's word to them, four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn't bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Amazement gripped the audience [when Jesus cast the evil spirit out], and they began to discuss what had happened. "What sort of new teaching is this?" they asked excitedly. "It has such authority! Even evil spirits obey his orders!" The news about Jesus spread quickly throughout the entire...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus knew immediately [that the religious teachers were accusing him of blasphemy], so he asked them, "Why do you question this in your hearts? Is it easier to say to the paralyzed man 'Your sins are forgiven,' or 'Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk'? So I will prove to you that the Son of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus went out to the lakeshore again and taught the crowds that were coming to him. As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at his tax collector's booth. "Follow me and be my disciple," Jesus said to him. So Levi got up and followed him. —Mark 2:13-14 NLT Key Thought Two...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But Jesus reprimanded [the evil spirit]. "Be quiet! Come out of the man," he ordered. At that, the evil spirit screamed, threw the man into a convulsion, and then came out of him. —Mark 1:25-26 NLT Key Thought Jesus had power over the evil one and the vile power he seeks to wield. Jesus...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom