'He Isn't Here!' - Mark 16:5-6

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

When [the women who had come to anoint Jesus' body] entered the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a white robe sitting on the right side. The women were shocked, but the angel said, "Don't be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn't here! He is risen from the dead! Look, this is where they laid his body."

Mark 16:5-6 NLT

Key Thought​

"He isn't here! He is risen from the dead!" What incredibly powerful words and what an even more gloriously important truth. As we approach the end of the Gospel of Mark, we know at least three important things about Jesus:
  1. He is the Nazarene — the one who was prophesied to come from Nazareth (Matthew 2:23) and who would do the work of God.
  2. He was crucified — he died to ransom us from sin.
  3. He has been raised from the dead — he conquered death and brought life to us.
He is not in the grave. He lives. He is Lord.

Today's Prayer​

Praise to you, O Father, for Jesus' glorious triumph over sin and death. Thank you for what his resurrection means. Thank you that because my life is joined to Jesus in this life, I can be sure that it will be joined with him in resurrection. Thank you that his tomb is empty and that your Son, my Savior, lives. In Jesus' name and to Jesus' glory, I offer this prayer. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
-VC2a-P-h9E

Continue reading...

Hallelluyah, praise to the risen Lord, Jesus Christ who is alive and prays for us in heaven day and night, amen. Our saviour, our advocate who silence the voice of the accuser. We are not guily any more! We are righteous, we are free, we are loved, we are the children of God, members of the royal family, amen!!

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
After [Jesus] was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered he had said ["Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up"], and they believed both the Scriptures and what Jesus had said. —John 2:22 NLT Key Thought We often feel that our faith would be greatly bolstered if we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[At Jesus' empty tomb, the angel said to the women:] "He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying. And now, go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and he is going ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Early on Sunday morning [after Jesus' crucifixion and burial], as the new day was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went out to visit the tomb. Suddenly there was a great earthquake! For an angel of the Lord came down from heaven, rolled aside the stone, and sat on it. His face shone...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But the Jewish leaders demanded [of Jesus], "What are you doing? If God gave you authority to [clear the Temple of the money changers and animals], show us a miraculous sign to prove it." "All right," Jesus replied. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." "What!" they...
Replies
Views
  • Article
"Go and get your husband," Jesus told [the woman at Jacob's well]. "I don't have a husband," the woman replied. Jesus said, "You're right! You don't have a husband — for you have had five husbands, and you aren't even married to the man you're living with now. You certainly spoke the truth!"...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom