Happy MLK Day

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

1. 1705329197434.png

1. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
  2. “We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence.”
  3. “Here is the true meaning and value of compassion and nonviolence, when it helps us to see the enemy’s point of view, to hear his questions, to know his assessment of ourselves. For from his view we may indeed see the basic weaknesses of our own condition, and if we are mature, we may learn and grow and profit from the wisdom of the brothers who are called the opposition.”
  4. “Every man of humane convictions must decide on the protest that best suits his convictions, but we must all protest.”
  5. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
  6. “In spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace.”
  7. “We adopt the means of nonviolence because our end is a community at peace with itself. We will try to persuade with our words, but if our words fail, we will try to persuade with our acts.”

1. “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
  8. Dr Martin Luther King, Jr., American Baptist Minister, led the struggle against racial discrimination in 1960s, inspiring supporters with the power of his rhetoric. He advocated the principle of non-violent protest, affirming that opposition should be tackled with compassion rather than aggression. Born on 15 January 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia, he was assassinated on 4 April 1968. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his commitment to non-violent struggle in 1964.

Attachments

• martin-luther-king-jr-quotes-1.jpg
    martin-luther-king-jr-quotes-1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1
  1. View attachment 202305

1. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
  2. “We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence.”
  3. “Here is the true meaning and value of compassion and nonviolence, when it helps us to see the enemy’s point of view, to hear his questions, to know his assessment of ourselves. For from his view we may indeed see the basic weaknesses of our own condition, and if we are mature, we may learn and grow and profit from the wisdom of the brothers who are called the opposition.”
  4. “Every man of humane convictions must decide on the protest that best suits his convictions, but we must all protest.”
  5. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
  6. “In spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace.”
  7. “We adopt the means of nonviolence because our end is a community at peace with itself. We will try to persuade with our words, but if our words fail, we will try to persuade with our acts.”

1. “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
  8. Dr Martin Luther King, Jr., American Baptist Minister, led the struggle against racial discrimination in 1960s, inspiring supporters with the power of his rhetoric. He advocated the principle of non-violent protest, affirming that opposition should be tackled with compassion rather than aggression. Born on 15 January 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia, he was assassinated on 4 April 1968. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his commitment to non-violent struggle in 1964.
His love for God is what impressed me and the thoughts of freedom and salvation of lost souls. May God have Him in His presence. Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Leviticus 1–3 , Matthew 24:1–28 We prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat. - Nehemiah 4:9 When Wallace and Mary Brown moved to an impoverished part of Birmingham, England, to pastor a dying church, they didn’t know that a gang had made the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways. For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous. —Proverbs 3:31-32 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While many are seeking a cure for the rampaging violence in our cultures that is destroying lives...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Joshua 10–12 , Luke 1:39–56 Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18 What would cause someone to help a competitor? For a restaurant owner named Adrian, it was the opportunity to encourage other struggling local restaurant owners...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Wonderful Savior and beutiful Lord has given to us a perfect company to be with us forever. Precious Holy Spirit of God, the Comforter who shall be with us for ages to come. Awake my heart with gladness. See what today is done. Now, after gloom and sadness. Comes forth the glorious sun. My...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Ain’t I Good To You—God! One day I was about to complain to God, but before I could even get the words out of my mouth, God spoke to my heart, “Ain't I Good To You!” That was all God had to say to me. Whatever I was about to complain to Him about, dissipated. He did not want me to even...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom