'Forgivable and Unforgivable' - Luke 12:10

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus said,] "Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Luke 12:10 NLT

Key Thought

We can certainly be thankful that past blasphemies and past rejections of Jesus will not be held against us. But what about the "unforgivable sin" of blaspheming the Holy Spirit? We know that when we come to Christ and confess our sins, we are cleansed of "every kind of sin" and "all wickedness" (1 John 1:7-9; Titus 2:12-14). For this grace, we can only offer thanks and praise to God! However, as long as we continue to attribute the work of Jesus to Satan and not the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:22-30) and as long as we continue to resist the Holy Spirit's testimony to Jesus (Acts 7:51), we remain outside the forgiveness and grace of God that is found only in Jesus (Acts 4:12). In Jesus, however, we receive grace, mercy, and forgiveness of our sins (Hebrews 4:16; Acts 2:38-39; 10:43; 13:38; Colossians 1:13-14).

Today's Prayer

Thank you, dear Father in heaven, for cleansing me of my past offenses that insulted you and your Son. I am genuinely sorry for them and wish I could go back and not do them. However, dear Father, since I cannot do that, I am thankful that your grace has totally removed my guilt associated with the things I've done. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
sMeYiw9FWDc

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus continued,] "Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven." —Luke 12:10 NLT Key Thought We can certainly be thankful that past blasphemies and past rejections of Jesus will not be held against us when we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [the women] rushed back from the tomb to tell his eleven disciples — and everyone else — what had happened. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and several other women who told the apostles what had happened. But the story sounded like nonsense to the men, so they didn't...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus came up out of the water [after his baptism], he saw the heavens splitting apart and the Holy Spirit descending on him like a dove. —Mark 1:10 NLT Key Thought Something dramatic, earthshaking, and eternally significant happened in Jesus' baptism. All who witnessed this event, and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Two others, both criminals, were led out to be executed with [Jesus]. When they came to a place called The Skull, they nailed him to the cross. And the criminals were also crucified — one on his right and one on his left. Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Jesus returned to Capernaum several days later, the news spread quickly that he was back home. Soon the house where he was staying was so packed with visitors that there was no more room, even outside the door. While he was preaching God's word to them, ... —Mark 2:1-2 NLT Key Thought...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom