'Facing the Adversary' - Mark 4:15

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Continuing the explanation of his parable, Jesus said,] "The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message, only to have Satan come at once and take it away."

Mark 4:15 NLT

Key Thought​

Our efforts to share the Good News of the Kingdom of God don't happen in a vacuum. We must realize that Satan is an active adversary. He opposes and seeks to dilute, distort, and derail every effort made to advance the Kingdom of God in people's hearts. Let's not forget that we have an adversary. This situation shouldn't make us afraid or discouraged, but it should motivate us to feel the urgency of God for the lost individuals around us. It should remind us that those who come to Christ will face difficult challenges as they try to begin their new walk with the LORD. It should move us with compassion as we see people battle in their hearts between the influences of Satan and the invitation extended by Jesus. Satan will try to steal God's message from them. We must do all we can to help them hear and respond to God's message and to help them in their battle with Satan!

Today's Prayer​

O Father, how you must grieve for those who struggle to receive your grace. How it must anger you to see the evil one come in and steal away the Good News from the hearts of those who so much need it. Use me as one of your messengers to help those who are battling Satan. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
So the disciples went out, telling everyone they met to repent of their sins and turn to God. And they cast out many demons and healed many sick people, anointing them with olive oil. —Mark 6:12-13 NLT Key Thought The disciples told the message to "everyone they met." They didn't try to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs, the] herdsmen fled to the nearby town and the surrounding countryside, spreading the news as they ran. People rushed out to see what had happened. A crowd soon gathered around Jesus, and they saw the man who had been possessed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Jesus woke up [in the storm-tossed boat], he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. —Mark 4:39 NLT Key Thought "'Silence! Be still!' ... and there was a great calm." Just as in that terrifying storm for the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Explaining his parable, Jesus said,] "The farmer plants seed by taking God's word to others." —Mark 4:14 NLT Key Thought Jesus explains his parable of the soils. One key component is the farmer in the story. The farmer is the person who shares God's message, the Good News from God, with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued,] "To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them." —Mark 4:25 NLT Key Thought Jesus wants us to know that as we apply ourselves to listening to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom