Yes! and No! God loves you and He is not going to beat you up because you did not listen. But the consequences of not listening can be hazardous. It can be hazardous, not because He causes things to happen to you, but you encounter things that would "not" have happened if you were in His perfect Holy Will and were going the way He wanted you to. One time I was going on an airplane trip to Denver on a certain date. A friend, a travel agent, offered me a plane fare one day earlier while flying first class. I listened and stayed on the flight I chose. The flight my friend chose crashed on the day he would have fixed me up for, and the first class compartment took the worst damage. Whew! I was sure glad I listened. Another time I was to fly and meet a friend on a certain day the Lord had wanted me to arrive. Instead I figured out a way I could arrive one day earlier. I was delivering a pick-up load of kitchen cabinets in order to arrive that one day earlier. On the way I was smoking a tiparillo cigar and when flipping an ash out the window, it ended up setting the cabinets on fire. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the back of the truck on fire. There was nothing I could do except walk away from the truck and watch it and the cabinets burn. The next day I left to visit my friend, at the time I was supposed to. Did God set the fire to teach me something? No. But I could have avoided the whole disaster if I would have listened and left on the day I knew I should go.
There are lots of stories out there about people not doing what God wants them to do, and they are still blessed. A person cannot run away from God's blessings, but we can block them. And the greatest adventure is found in doing the Perfect Will of the Lord. Is there lots of trials and troubles when following the Lord's Will? Sure is. But they are a whole lot different than when we do not follow the Will of God in our lives. We can be like apostle Paul and celebrate when we are found worthy to suffer for the sake of the Gospel. It is worth it.
In the name of Jesus, I bless you with the life of God.