Divorce And Guilt

  • Thread starter Thread starter rebecca58
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rebecca58

Guest
I need understanding to something that has bothered me and I feel confused so please pray for me than I can have clarity on this, I divorced my husband ### years ago, I know this action hurt us both deeply. My husband, for three years had sexual dysfunctional problems, however he enjoyed internet sex, I detested this sinful behavior and talked with him many times to seek a counselor.

He refused, we had no intimacy between us, I could not take the loneliness or the betrayal of the porn chat rooms with his masturbation. One day I confronted him and said I could no longer tolerate this, his answer was '### NOT CHANGING' I suggested he take 3 months and think clearly of this, because if this continued I was filing for divorce, he did nothing. We separated and never once did he ask to talk, or save our marriage, he was angry that he had to move!

My prayer is GOD did I do the wrong thing, yes I have grieved that I have had to be alone and start over and yes I loved my husband, but the sickness he had I do not miss.

Can God forgive me for divorcing for this reason, did I really have a choice in this relationship?
 
### Lord we pray she has done the right thing. We know lord that you would want us to be happy in your eyes but, the true decision is yours. Amen.
 
Dear ###

Knowing the word helps to clear any guilt or confusion especially for your case. And thank God for His precious word, amen. Here are two familiar scriptures that pertain to your situation.

1.

11 So He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. 12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”-Mark 10

11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife. -1 Corinthians 7

Dear Lord, if ### is not connected to a church, may she find the one that You will have for her to be planted in. May she seek Your word and Your lovely face daily as You will reveal Your purposes and plan for her life, as we ask this in Your most precious Name, Jesus, amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I wanted a divorce because I was very angry. I put this evil in action. I have strayed from God and have now had a profound conversion. Whilst separated for 5 months he has found a new woman. I want to stop the divorce and reconcile, we have a young child together. I have 5 weeks for the Lord to...
Replies
10
Views
230
Good morning, my name is ###, my husband ### has an affair with another women. He is asking me divorce. Please pray for me.
Replies
14
Views
245
It is past 12:30am my husband ### has still not come home. He was a person who use to hate going out and likes to be at home. Now from past few months there is a lot of changes in his behaviour. He is always on a call with someone. Doesn't see if it is day or night.He is behind me to give...
Replies
10
Views
196
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,141
Messages
16,796,628
Members
649,691
Latest member
Aloumere

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom