Devotion taken from "word for you today" 4 October 2018 Eyes on God

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Eyes on God!

Thursday 4th October 2018

'Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.' 1 Peter 5:7 NIV

Author John Mason writes: 'I couldn't feel at peace. Unless I had everything figured out, I became anxious, restless, nervous, worried, and grouchy...I was a Christian and supposedly walked by faith. I trusted Jesus for salvation, but in other areas I trusted myself.' Sound familiar? When we're anxious, the thing we're worrying about can become our only focus and consume our whole life.
Only God can truly help us in our anxiety. Jehoshaphat, the king of Judah, was worried. His enemies from neighbouring territories formed a massive army that outnumbered his own, and they were on their way to attack Judah. Jehoshaphat told God about his fears, saying: 'We have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you' (2 Chronicles 20:12 NIV). He put his trust in God and, in the end, the enemy armies were destroyed before they even got to Judah.
It's said we shouldn't worry because most of the things we worry about don't happen. But if we're feeling anxious about something, it doesn't matter if it's likely to happen or not, we still worry. What we should do is tell God about our fear first. We can trust him, because he cares for us and won't leave us to face things alone.

So what now? Whenever you feel anxious or worried about something, get into the habit of using those feelings as your reminder to pray and cast all your anxieties on God. Like King Jehoshaphat, put your eyes on God.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Philippians 4:6-7: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. You cannot predict tomorrow. You...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7 READ Jeremiah 17:5–8 The baby wasn’t due for another six weeks, but the doctor had just diagnosed Whitney with cholestasis, a liver condition common in pregnancy. In a whirlwind of emotions, Whitney was...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Emptiness, unhappiness, joyless life, worry about everything that happens around us. All of these burdens that come to our life Jesus will take away from us if we just give ourselves to Him as sweet offering to Him. Wonderful things will come your way when you lift up your voice to the Lord...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What Does the Bible Say about Complaining? Lori Stanley Roeleveld What does the Bible say about complaining? At times in history, believers have asked this as a matter of curiosity, something to know to live by God’s commands. While that still motivates us today, we also see that we are now...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom