Devotion from "word for you today" 5 October 2018 Celebrate yourself - God does!

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Celebrate yourself - God does!

Friday 5th October 2018

'He celebrates and sings because of you.' Zephaniah 3:17 CEV

Who am I? It's a question we all want the answer to. It's because knowing our identity is so crucial. God tells us that we're 'fearfully and wonderfully made' (Psalm 139:14 NIV). In fact, he loves us so much that 'he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing' (Zephaniah 3:17 ESV). Wow, how incredible that God sings because of us!
So, we don't need to feel bad about ourselves, thinking we're unacceptable or unlovable. God thinks the total opposite. When we know who we belong to, we're no longer striving to please others, or looking for affirmation in wrong places and relationships, or behaving out of insecurity, or fixated with comparison and competition, or afraid to use what God's given us.
Knowing our identity empowers us to look out for others. When we're living out our God-given identity, we actually become more aware of others and their needs. We can show God's love to others because we've accepted his love for us. We're told to 'love your neighbour as yourself' (Mark 12:31 NIV), so if we feel loved, we are more able to help others. Let's accept the identity he's given us and live the full life he wants for us and do the things he's calling, and created, us to do.

So what now? Write down a list of all the gifts/skills/best points that God has given you. Then celebrate yourself, because he does!

GOD I LOVE YOU JESUS THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVE YOUR DAUGHTER TRACY I CELEBRATE FOR YOU GIVE ME JOY LOVE PEACE HAPPINESS I CELEBRATE I LOVE YOU SING PRAISE N WORSHIP

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Let not our pride receive us from knowing the truth! For it's one of them, the deadliest sin that will leave us behind. Let us release ourselves from this worldly life, let us humble ourselves before God with a spirit of submission, and admit when we are wrong, so we can position our hearts to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. —Romans 14:5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... So often we let personal preference, peer pressure, and concerns about the celebration of certain days, especially...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7 READ Jeremiah 17:5–8 The baby wasn’t due for another six weeks, but the doctor had just diagnosed Whitney with cholestasis, a liver condition common in pregnancy. In a whirlwind of emotions, Whitney was...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Romans : 7:31 So, because of all the things that God does for us, we can say this: If God is working on our behalf, nobody can really do anything against us. God did not even keep his own Son safe. Instead, he gave his Son to die on behalf of all of us. So certainly, God will continue to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Every word Jesus said in the gospels is all true and will come to pass. The Beatitudes is my best part to read where Jesus tell us what will happen to those who follow Him and obey His word. Never let a thought coming down from heaven go stray or be forgotten. The brightest thought coming to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom