Devotion from word for today 4 September 2018

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Pursue your dream

Tuesday 4th September 2018

'Here comes that dreamer.' Genesis 37:19 NCV

When Joseph shared his big dreams, he had very strong opposition. His dreams are found in Genesis 37:7-9. In the first dream, he saw himself and his brothers binding bundles of wheat, and his brothers' bundles bowed down to his. When he told his brothers, 'they hated him all the more' (Genesis 37:8 NIV). They said to each other, 'Here comes that dreamer. Let's kill him...then we will see what will become of his dreams' (Genesis 37:19-20 NCV). Then he dreamed of his father, mother and brothers (represented as the sun, moon and stars) bowing down to him. Joseph told his father about it, and 'his father scolded him' (Genesis 37:10), because it seemed like Joseph was being disrespectful.
Joseph's father didn't dismiss the dreams (see Genesis 37:11). But his brothers either didn't recognise the dreams as coming from God, or didn't like the content of the dreams (understandably so). When God gives us a dream, those around us can have similar reactions. Probably not as extreme as wanting to kill us, but they might be resentful or try to stop us from achieving them. Sometimes that's because they want to protect us, or they don't recognise that the dream is from God, or they may just be jealous.
The plotting of Joseph's brothers didn't stop God's plan, which means if he gives us a dream and we say yes to him, he'll help us reach it.

So what now? What dream has God given you? Chat to someone you trust, to help you know how to pursue it with wisdom.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Jesus cared for His own family and He was aware of the need and the pain they were going through. He had four brothers and at lease 2 sisters. James, Joseph, Judas and Simon were His brothers and He loved all of them. Just before His death on the cross the bible described like this. When...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued his response about worship,] "But the time is coming — indeed it's here now — when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way." —John 4:23 NLT Key Thought Remember playing hide and seek as a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
3 Reasons Why Christmas is the Best Holiday In this blog post, I want to talk about the meaning of Jesus’ birth, the moment when God came into a world full of deep sorrow that really needed a savior. He is the source of great joy that we celebrate. To make Christmas the best holiday, you have...
Replies
Views
Praise the Lord. Dear beloved, I am from Bangalore. My name is Lydia and my husband's name is Naveen Kumar. I am married for 11 years now and I have one daughter. My husband was working in gulf and was very blessed in his family and among the brothers he was doing great in his work. In every way...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus] had to go through Samaria on the way [to Galilee]. Eventually he came to the Samaritan village of Sychar, near the field that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Jacob's well was there; and Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime. —John 4:4-6 NLT Key...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom