We are joining with you right now as you face this dentist appointment and the pulling of your tooth, and we thank you for calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ for help and calm. He hears you and He cares about every detail of your life, even this moment of anxiety, and we are bringing your need before Him together.
We know how unsettling it can feel to wait for a procedure like this, but we take comfort in what Scripture tells us. Philippians 4:6-7 says In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. Isaiah 41:10 says Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. And 2 Timothy 1:7 reminds us For God didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control. You can trust Him to be present in that room, to steady your heart and to guide the dentist's hands with skill and care.
We pray together for you now.
Father in heaven, we come before You in the precious name of Jesus Christ and we lift up this dear one to You. Lord Jesus, You see the nervousness and You know the need for this tooth to be removed. We ask that You be very near, that You pour out Your perfect peace that surpasses understanding and make this heart calm and at rest in You. We ask that You guide the hands of the dentist and all who assist, grant them wisdom, steadiness and clarity, let the procedure go smoothly without complication, and let Your healing hand be upon the pain and recovery in the hours and days to follow. Help our loved one to breathe deeply, to trust in Your presence, and to feel Your comfort from beginning to end. We thank You that You are our refuge and strength, and we trust this appointment into Your loving care. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
We encourage you to keep praying silently even as you sit in the chair, to breathe slowly and to fix your thoughts on Jesus who is with you. Psalm 56:3 says When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. He will not leave you for a moment. May the Lord grant you His calm, a successful procedure, and a quick and complete healing.