CHILDLIKE

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

The scriptures are often misinterpreted because man attempts to apply his carnal knowledge to spiritual things. But, because Jesus always spoke in parables, man must decipher everything that He said through a spiritual filter. This is how God purposed it to bring us into true relationship with Him, through the realm of understanding. Indeed, if we lack understanding, we are to first ask God. I love how He designed that; don't you? The term "babe," i.e. childlike, for example, in the following passage, has nothing at all to do with age, nor even stage in life; but rather "SUBMISSION," an unabashed, undeterred, devoted willingness to do the will of the Father.

Jesus Rejoices in the Spirit
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, FATHER, LORD of Heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, FATHER, for so it seemed good in Your sight
. [Luke 10:21, NKJV]

Formal education is a necessary reality, especially in today's society, but again God's ways are not our ways. There are those whom, having been predestined, are set apart to carry out God's purposed plan, at the appointed time.

Just as there is a difference between babe and age, there is also a difference between childlike and childish. I recently encountered a "grown man" who, based on a particular scripture, childishly threatened to beat me up for speaking the Word of God. Unfortunately, he is far from alone in his misunderstanding of:

[1 Timothy 2:12] I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly.

Using Paul's own words, I will try to break this down as quickly as possible. The notable thing in this, Paul's letter to his friend and protégé, Timothy, is that Paul said, "'I' do not let;" That makes it a Paul preference, not a God decree. This advice was based on how Paul had structured his church. There were many times in the scriptures where Paul himself forewarned that his advice, though good for him; may, or may not be a fit for another person's situation:

CELIBACY
1 Corinthians 7:6 But this I say as my opinion, and not as an order of the Lord.

UNEQUALLY YOKED
Now, I will speak to the rest of you, though I do not have a direct command from the LORD. If a Christian man has a wife who is an unbeliever and she is willing to continue living with him, he must not leave her. [1 Corinthians 7:12]

VIRGINS (i.e. single women)
Now, about the young women who are not yet married. I do not have a command from the LORD for them. But the LORD in his kindness has given me wisdom that can be trusted, and I will share it with you. [1 Corinthians 7:25]

WIDOWS (Remarriage)
A wife is married to her husband as long as he lives. If her husband dies, she is free to marry whomever she wishes, but this must be a marriage acceptable to the Lord. But in my opinion it will be better for her if she doesn't marry again, and I think I am giving you counsel from God's Spirit when I say this. [1 Corinthians 7:39-40]

Now, back to women in position in the church. There were several women in authority both in government and in the church: Priscilla, Deborah, Lydia, Huldah, Pheobe, to name a few. I'll let you do the research. As for female preachers, the best example I have is still that Mary Magdalene and the other women were sent to deliver the very first post resurrection message to the men. An angel gave the women the confirmed message of resurrection, but Jesus himself told the women what to "instruct" the men to do in moving forward.

As I have said before, "Though I appreciate Apostle Paul's contribution to the text; he didn't die for me." And while that may sound a bit froward, depending on the spirit with which you receive it; Paul, being subordinate to Jesus (who is the Word), literally says the same thing himself. Again, Paul's own words:

Let me put it this way: each one of you says something different. One says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Peter”; and another, “I follow Christ.” Christ has been divided into groups! Was it Paul who died on the cross for you? Were you baptized as Paul's disciples? [1 Corinthians 1:12-13, GNT]

Jesus’s instructions take presidence over all. Therefore, from Baptist to Catholic, whether male or female, when God calls you to deliver His message, you had better start preaching.
Whose instructions are you following?
I tried to keep it short and simple, but the Word of God is so beautiful and rich in information that it's sometimes difficult to condense.

"Narrow is the gate"

The scriptures are often misinterpreted because man attempts to apply his carnal knowledge to spiritual things. But, because Jesus always spoke in parables, man must decipher everything that He said through a spiritual filter. This is how God purposed it to bring us into true relationship with Him, through the realm of understanding. Indeed, if we lack understanding, we are to first ask God. I love how He designed that; don't you? The term "babe," i.e. childlike, for example, in the following passage, has nothing at all to do with age, nor even stage in life; but rather "SUBMISSION," an unabashed, undeterred, devoted willingness to do the will of the Father.

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, FATHER, LORD of Heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, FATHER, for so it seemed good in Your sight

Formal education is a necessary reality, especially in today's society, but again God's ways are not our ways. There are those whom, having been predestined, are set apart to carry out God's purposed plan, at the appointed time.

Just as there is a difference between babe and age, there is also a difference between childlike and childish. I recently encountered a "grown man" who, based on a particular scripture, childishly threatened to beat me up for speaking the Word of God. Unfortunately, he is far from alone in his misunderstanding of:

[1 Timothy 2:12] I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly.

Using Paul's own words, I will try to break this down as quickly as possible. The notable thing in this, Paul's letter to his friend and protégé, Timothy, is that Paul said, "'I' do not let;" That makes it a Paul preference, not a God decree. This advice was based on how Paul had structured his church. There were many times in the scriptures where Paul himself forewarned that his advice, though good for him; may, or may not be a fit for another person's situation:

CELIBACY
1 Corinthians 7:6 But this I say as my opinion, and not as an order of the Lord.

UNEQUALLY YOKED
Now, I will speak to the rest of you, though I do not have a direct command from the LORD. If a Christian man has a wife who is an unbeliever and she is willing to continue living with him, he must not leave her. [1 Corinthians 7:12]

Now, about the young women who are not yet married. I do not have a command from the LORD for them. But the LORD in his kindness has given me wisdom that can be trusted, and I will share it with you. [1 Corinthians 7:25]

WIDOWS (Remarriage)
A wife is married to her husband as long as he lives. If her husband dies, she is free to marry whomever she wishes, but this must be a marriage acceptable to the Lord. But in my opinion it will be better for her if she doesn't marry again, and I think I am giving you counsel from God's Spirit when I say this. [1 Corinthians 7:39-40]

Now, back to women in position in the church. There were several women in authority both in government and in the church: Priscilla, Deborah, Lydia, Huldah, Pheobe, to name a few. I'll let you do the research. As for female preachers, the best example I have is still that Mary Magdalene and the other women were sent to deliver the very first post resurrection message to the men. An angel gave the women the confirmed message of resurrection, but Jesus himself told the women what to "instruct" the men to do in moving forward.

As I have said before, "Though I appreciate Apostle Paul's contribution to the text; he didn't die for me." And while that may sound a bit froward, depending on the spirit with which you receive it; Paul, being subordinate to Jesus (who is the Word), literally says the same thing himself. Again, Paul's own words:

Let me put it this way: each one of you says something different. One says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Peter”; and another, “I follow Christ.” Christ has been divided into groups! Was it Paul who died on the cross for you? Were you baptized as Paul's disciples? [1 Corinthians 1:12-13, GNT]

Jesus’s instructions take presidence over all. Therefore, from Baptist to Catholic, whether male or female, when God calls you to deliver His message, you had better start preaching.

I tried to keep it short and simple, but the Word of God is so beautiful and rich in information that it's sometimes difficult to condense.

"Narrow is the gate"
Ask and ye shall receive, call on to the Lord and blessings shall fall on your life. Just like a child asks his father for bread, Jesus will provide for our needs. Just believe, trust and wait for Him, giving glory and praise to Him all the time. Holy Spirit come flow through me and make my life what it ought to be, Holy Spirit come flow through all of us. Yes, He will.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

CELIBACY

UNEQUALLY YOKED

WIDOWS (Remarriage)

"Narrow is the gate"
Unless you become like a child you can not enter heaven. We must humble before the Lord so He can exalt us in glory.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 27–28,Matthew 21:1–22 In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3–4 Humility is difficult, and can be inconvenient. As I queued to enter the Church of the Nativity in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Leviticus 19:4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 26:1 You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Leviticus 19:4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 26:1 You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 42–44 , 1 John 1 From [Christ] the whole body . . . grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. Ephesians 4:16 When we think of best business practices, what first comes to mind probably aren’t qualities like kindness and generosity. But according...
Replies
Views
  • Article
God’s Word Is My Foundation John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Psalm 119:160: The entirety of Your Word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever. John 17:17: Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom