BURNISHED BRONZE

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

I did not say that Jesus was a Black man; but, what would it matter if He were? While we are not to engage in endless-mindless debate about lineage; as disciples of Christ, we are to defend and bring forth understanding of the Gospel (the truth about the life and purpose of Jesus), as imparted by the Holy Spirit.
Jesus was not a "Black" man.

Which is why I was careful to use the word “symbolism.” Black people, in the definitive, didn’t even exist in Jesus’s era. Black, like White, and so many other terms, even unmentionable ones, is a descriptive “Americanized term” used, more often than not, to separate the races. People, in Jesus’s day, were most often defined by their nationality, and or religion, not their skin color: Asian, African, Isreali, etc. According to the scriptures, Jesus was an Israeli from the small town of Nazareth, in the region of Galilee (what Americans might refer to as a state): And, was of the Jewish faith. The term “Jew,” is the discriptive label applied to Isrealis, who practiced the Jewish religion. The term has sense been misapplied to everyone who happens to be from Israel. Even though Jesus was a card carrying Jew, so to speak; He found that because of the many confining laws and ritualisms, there was a proverbial “leak in that old house” of Judaism. Christ’s rebuke destroyed the errors in the former, to usher in the new doctrine of Christianity.

As far as color, Jesus was neither black nor white. If anything, His skin was most likely consistent with the slightly darker olive undertone of that region. Howbeit, after being expelled from the Temple, Jesus was then relegated to the outdoors, where He preached on the mountainside. Over time, His skin would have become a few shades darker, due to the lack of trees there to shade Him from the sun.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! (Isaiah 52:7)

Jesus was no more Black, nor White, than He was a slave or a Christian. “Son of David,” He was a direct descendant of royalty, not a slave. Not to say that there’s anything defiled about those who were slaves, or even descendants of slaves. They were then, and still are, God’s chosen people: Israelites; Hebrew-descendants of Jacob. And, in fact, God indeed extended great mercy to the Hebrew slaves in delivering them out of Egypt. Likewise, Jesus, having “grown up a tender shoot,” in the household of Joseph, was indeed a faithful Jew. He could not have been a Christian because before Him, there was no such religion, belief, or faith. He indeed is the Christ from whom Christianity was born. Therefore, those who follow His teachings are defined as Christians.

Now, having said all that, there are always those, who like the Pharisees, are ready to pounce on my every word. Some accuse me of being a “know it all;” or adding to the Word. Some preachers have even accused me of trying to exalt myself because they estimate that I use too many words. Can you imagine if today’s preachers simply read a few scriptures from the Bible, then dismissed service? Hmmmm, short service for sure 😁.

As disciples, when the Holy Spirit opens our understanding, we are to impart that understanding to those who have ears to hear. Not only did Paul go forth from the jail cell in continual sermon; but, Peter also used many more words, in adding to the church. Jesus, before either of them, after He had read from the scroll, closed the scroll, took His seat, and continued speaking even more words to bring about clarification and understanding. Even prior to the New Testament, the example that Jesus Himself followed was exemplified by Ezra:

And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. Then all the people answered, “Amen, Amen!” while lifting up their hands. And they bowed their heads and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground. (Nehemiah 8:6)

They read from the Book of the Law of God and clearly explained the meaning of what was being read, helping the people understand each passage. (Nehemiah 8:8, NLT)

Whenever you receive a Word from God; especially one of warning which grants the opportunity to repent, the response should always be to bow, in worship (to give thanks).

The Holy Spirit has given me so much more and I can't wait to share it all, if possible.

Thank You LORD for Your Word; and for opening man’s understanding to Your Word, that we all may learn to walk correctly in Your statutes. Amen.
I am a card carrying Christian
Let those who have ears to hear, hear.

📖

God created all of us the way we are right now to be a blessing, to help each other, to pray for the lost, to shine like a sunshine in the morning. The Lord never ever discriminated against anyone, He loves everyone. Satan is the one who brings all kinds of obstacles around us and make our life miserable. Remember what Jesus said. Love one another as I have loved you. He did not say only love the ones who look like you. Satan says. Do not love others because they are different than you. That is the worst sin we can have in our heart. Not loving others they way they are is a sin against the Lord. So, let us all follow Jesus wonderful example of love and care for everyone around. Love one another as I have loved you.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Continue to love Jesus with all your heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself by taking them to church and making sure they get saved and be on their way to heaven. Jesus will reward your wonderful deed done in His name.

Similar Requests

• Article
The Stoning Of Stephen I cried, I grieved, and I pondered his story ALL day, and now it seems to be an everyday thing. But I don't understand why I wept ALL day. I didn't even know Stephen. His story seemed to be very short, yet, I mourned him. But Stephen SAW the heavens opened up, he SAW the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Leviticus 19:4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 26:1 You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
It was not a good day, threats of war, and the hope of peace seemed dismal, at least for now. The enemy was knocking at the gate threatening to inflict war if their demands were not met. Reminding Hezekiah that he and his army were no match for their powerhouse army as they had defeated other...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is really presisten and strong for sure to make us miss our path to heaven. Also continues to cause anxiety and worry, then comes a nagging fear of the future. Where am I going to end up when I die? Is Jesus really waiting for us at the gates of heaven? Who can prove that? So many things...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is really a great question of our existence on earth. Why we are here? Who sent us? What are we gona do? Where are we going to go? To be honest with you and for everyone who loves Jesus. Life without God is an empty pit and we will not be able to come out, unless we call on the Lord...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom