Being Brutally Honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scripture you are referring to is often misattributed to the Bible. The phrase "God helps those who help themselves" is not found in the Bible. It is actually from a poem by the English poet, writer, and politician, **###**.

Here is the correct understanding from a biblical perspective:

- God is indeed the Savior, the Lord, and the Potter, and we are His clay. We are vessels meant to be filled by Him so that we can pour out His love and grace to others.
- True power and strength are found in submitting to His authority and office.

The Bible emphasizes reliance on God's grace and strength rather than self-reliance. For example, in **Philippians 4:13**, it says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This highlights the importance of seeking God's strength rather than relying solely on our own efforts.
 
Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer. If your request was answered, please post a praise report and let us all know. If your request does not seem to have been answered, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer. We all hope that our prayers are answered in the way that we want. Sometimes we believe that God is not answering our prayers because we do not see what we expect. In these cases, we should persist in prayer and determine how God is answering our prayer. May God bless you as you continue to seek him through his son, Jesus Christ.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Dear God, My Lord, My ### have sold a piece of land to a lessee for their livelihood. My ###, who lives opposite the place, is creating a lot of issues. Now he filed a case and stopped the work and now it's becoming an issue. He has political influence and he is troubling more and more. We don't...
Replies
10
Views
236
Hi everyone, I’m posting this again as the Host Admin suggested, just to share an update and ask for continued prayer. I’m still going through a tough time after everything. I’ve been struggling a lot emotionally and honestly, I find myself crying quite often, which isn’t like me. I’ve been...
Replies
11
Views
328
I'm reaching out to you because this person in my circle keeps pushing me beyond my limits by insisting that I meet this man I don't love. I have feelings for another man I'd like to get closer to, but this person keeps speaking very badly of him to me without letting me get close to him...
Replies
10
Views
187
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,270
Messages
16,809,063
Members
650,679
Latest member
Buyford

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom