Asking prayer for my fiance, I DO NOT understand why God would let this happen??? He had a bad drinking problem, we have overcome that, he had a DUI, lost his job, rock bottom, God blessed him with the same job, different company, a job he SHOULD HAVE NEVER gotten, but was blessed with! Through all of this he has done so very well, everything looks up and BAM today gets a letter from work, a performance letter, he is in sales, HE CANT LOSE THIS JOB!!! HE CANT TO ME it's not about the money AT ALL I love him through it all, I am so very scared for him because he FINALLY has gotten to a point where he sees blessings he sees where God is there and I am scared to death that if he loses his job he will BLAME God as he used to for all the bad things ;( PLEASE pray that God steps in PLEASE...
There has to be a renewing of the mind for both, you & your fiance & then you will see. God's intentions for us are for good, not evil. It is really the enemy who comes to kill, steal & destroy, not God. You spoke of the Blessing God gave your fiance so you both should know in your hearts that God is always right there Blessing us even when we want to blame Him for the work of the enemy. Remember when Paul was going through his trials 2 Corinthians 12? Focus on verses 7-10. Three times Paul asked God to remove those things that to him, were like thorns in his flesh. It is on the 3rd time that God speaks to Paul & through this revelation, Paul learns to stop asking God to rescue him because God Promised that no matter what Paul went through, God's grace would be sufficient & His strength is made perfect in our weakness. So when trials come, don't blame God or think that God is against you. Like James says, count it all joy when trials come because God Promises He will not only strengthen you but He will bring you to a place where you are complete wanting for Nothing!!! To me, that is an awesome place to be!
~Blessing
The Thorn in the Flesh7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
James 1:2-8
[
Profiting from Trials ] My brethren,
count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have
its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. ...