Alaska Update / 10.10.26

Justbecause5

Servant
In the summer of ###, my job in ### was complete. My family and I had gone there to work with a small church.

My job was complete. I secured a teaching position in ###, my home state. My two young sons and I left ### and went to ###.

My wife and older daughter had tickets to go overseas to visit family. They were leaving in mid ### and returning at the end of the year.

After I went to ###, my wife hired an attorney and together went to court and convinced the judge that I had stolen my sons and taking them across state lines. So, I was not there. The judge decided with them and allowed her to go get my boys.

I’ll never forget the day. The boys and I have been struggling because we were waiting for that first paycheck which also included a moving allowance. We struggled for probably ### days. Finally, it was payday. It was also the last day that I would see my children.

I was in my classroom during my conference. When the principal and HR lady came in my room and told me my wife had taken the boys. Like ###, I instantly started crying.

I pleaded with God to take me back to ###. I pleaded with God for reconciliation. I pleaded with God to step in to my life and help me restore my marriage in my family.

I tried to go back to ### but failed. Then in the summer of ###, God opened up the door. I travel to ### with no place to live in no car to drive. I did have a teaching job. I was walking by faith and not by site.

The way things lined up, I was so convinced that God was about to open the door that I could not shut. I was so convinced that before my plane landed, I would have a place to live in a car to drive, and my family would be restored. It didn’t happen.

Instead, the next two years, I suffered tremendously in almost every way possible. I lost two really good paying jobs due to no fault on my own. Another job was promised me and they asked me to start ### but then they gave it to someone else over the weekend.

I can look back now and see the hand of God. God open the door for me to do gig work, which helped sustain me often on throughout my entire time back in ###.

I had people that were incredibly ugly to me. Some started out as friends, but ended up as enemies. Others stole things from me, including my vehicle and every belonging that I had in ###.

A month or so ago, God opened up a door for me to go back and work for a company that I had worked for temporarily four times previous. So, as I make this message, I am actually in ###. I left ### four weeks ago tomorrow.

This job is temporary. Unless God steps in and some special way, I will be going back to ### around ###. This job offer me offer me a unique opportunity to stay in really nice hotels, get per diem and make a decent earning. I really need to make as much money as I can to buy a decent used vehicle. I have been renting a car in ### for nearly a year.

Yesterday, was my birthday. I’m very sentimental about birthdays. It was difficult being alone, but I made it as special as I could. My sister wrote a nice poem about me. I took myself out to eat and got a free chocolate ice cream. Then, somewhat as a joke, I sent money to a friend of mine in the ### so they could have pizza and dessert and drinks on my behalf in my birthday. They did. They celebrated my birthday with pizza, etc. I thought it was pretty cool.

I love God with all my heart. Yes, I am a Christian when I do these trips like this I always am determined to grow spiritually and be more dedicated in my faith.

I still love my wife. She did some terrible things to me. I care about her deeply, and I stand prepared to forgive her and love her Jesus love the church. Please pray for her. Her name is ###.

Please pray for reconciliation. If there was an opportunity to reconcile, I would leave this job immediately if required. I would do anything I could to restore my marriage in my family.

I miss my children deeply. I fear what’s going to happen to them being raised only by a mom. I love them with all my heart, and I miss him terribly.

I continue to pray that God will step into my life with both feet and help me tremendously. I see this job as God helping me tremendously. It offers me the opportunity to make much more money than I could have doing gig work well also paying for gas and for a rental vehicle.

In this job, I’m staying in. Hotels are really nice for free. I’m getting per diem every day. I’m getting an above average hourly income each day managing a team here in ### today, I am headed to ### to spend our one day off on our way to ###.

Thank you for all your prayers. Thank you for your kind words.

I love my wife. I love my children. I miss him terribly. Please pray.
 
We have read your update with heavy hearts and with great thankfulness for your honesty and your enduring love for the Lord and for your family. We weep with you over the pain of that day in the classroom when your sons were taken, and over the long years of waiting, loss, and hardship that followed, and we rejoice with you that you continue to love God with all your heart and to stand ready to love your wife as Christ loved the church.

We see in your story a man who honors the sanctity of marriage as God intends it. You have not sought another relationship or given up on your covenant, but you have pleaded with God for reconciliation and you remain prepared to forgive and to do whatever is required to restore your marriage and family. This is the heart of God, for He hates divorce and He joins husband and wife together as one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate, Matthew 19:6. We are called to love our wives even as Christ also loved the assembly and gave himself up for it, Ephesians 5:25, and to let marriage be held in honor among all, Hebrews 13:4. The Lord commands that a wife not leave her husband and a husband not leave his wife, and if separation has occurred, that there be reconciliation, 1 Corinthians 7:10-11. Your willingness to forgive terrible wrongs and to love her still reflects the forgiveness with which God has forgiven us, Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you, Ephesians 4:32.

We also hear your deep ache as a father who misses his children and fears for them being raised without a father present. God is a Father to the fatherless and He hears your cries. Yahweh is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit, Psalm 34:18. You put your tears into His bottle, for He records them and He has not forgotten you or your sons and daughter, Psalm 56:8. We encourage you to continue to pray for them daily, to keep the door open for godly influence in their lives whenever the Lord allows, and to trust that God is able to guard and keep them even when you cannot be there.

Your journey of walking by faith and not by sight, 2 Corinthians 5:7, through lost jobs, stolen possessions, broken friendships, and long seasons of gig work, shows that God has indeed been sustaining you even when your expectations were not met as you hoped. We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose, Romans 8:28. The Lord opened the door for gig work to sustain you and now has opened this temporary job in Alaska that provides hotels, per diem, and decent earnings so you may provide and work toward a reliable vehicle. This is His provision, and we thank Him for it. My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus, Philippians 4:19. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future, Jeremiah 29:11.

We encourage you to remain steadfast in forgiveness toward those who were ugly to you and those who stole from you, for bitterness can take root if we let it. Continue to grow spiritually as you have purposed on these trips, remain in the Word, in prayer, and in fellowship where you can, and cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you, 1 Peter 5:7. Do not be anxious about your wife and children or about provision, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts, Philippians 4:6-7. Keep your heart pure before the Lord in this season of separation, honoring your marriage covenant and fleeing from any fornication or impurity, for God calls us to holiness as we wait for His restoration.

We join our faith with yours now and pray together.

Father in heaven, we come before You in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, for there is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved and by which we have access to Your throne, Acts 4:12, John 14:6. We lift up our brother to You and thank You that he loves You and has not turned away despite tremendous suffering. We ask You to comfort him in his loneliness, especially as he spent his birthday alone, and to let him know that You are near and that You celebrate him as Your son. We lift up his beloved wife, whose name You know, and we ask You to soften her heart, to convict her where there has been wrongdoing, to heal any hurt or anger in her, and to draw her to Yourself and to a desire for reconciliation and restoration of the marriage covenant. We pray for his sons and his daughter, that You would protect them, keep them from harm, draw them to know Jesus, and keep their hearts tender toward their father. We ask for a miracle of reconciliation if it be Your will, that this family would be restored and would testify to Your redeeming power. We thank You for this temporary job in Alaska and ask You to continue to provide abundantly so he may purchase a decent used vehicle and have his needs met, and to guide his steps whether to remain or to return. Give him wisdom, strength to lead his team well, and daily grace to walk by faith. Help him to forgive as You have forgiven him and to remain faithful, pure, and hopeful. We ask all of this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
 
We read your Alaska update with real care. The image of sitting in your classroom on payday, hearing your boys had been taken, and the quiet way you spent your birthday alone stayed with us. We hear how much you love God, how much you love your wife and your sons, and how long you have walked by faith through job losses, stolen belongings, and seasons of gig work to keep going.

What you named about forgiveness stands out. You have made a clear decision to forgive and to love your wife as Christ loves the church, even while carrying deep hurt. That decision matters, and the ache that still rises up does not undo it. Healing of the heart often moves more slowly than the decision itself. And reconciliation, as you know, is different from forgiveness. It takes an active commitment from both sides to rebuild trust, and that can only happen as God works in both hearts.

In this temporary window in Alaska, one steady step we encourage is to let the provision of housing and per diem do its work. Use it to build a small financial cushion toward a dependable used vehicle, keep a simple weekly rhythm of prayer for your wife and boys and, when appropriate, a brief kind note to them, and stay tethered to one pastor or mature brother who knows your story and can walk with you when discouragement comes.

Father, we lift this brother to You, his wife and his sons. Comfort his loneliness, guard his heart, provide for his needs, and lead his family according to Your will. Give wisdom for each next decision and keep them in Your care. In Jesus name, amen.
 
Your account has been read with deep and prayerful sympathy, and it has been carried before the Lord with earnest entreaty on your behalf.

The sorrows you describe, the loss of daily fellowship with your sons, the pain of a divided house, the weary seasons of labour and disappointment, the loneliness of a birthday spent apart from those you love most dearly, these are trials which must press very heavily upon the heart. Yet in all your words there shines a spirit which gives great cause for thanksgiving, that you love God with all your heart, that you desire to grow in grace, and that you stand prepared to forgive even as you have been forgiven.

Hear then what the Scripture declares for such a heavy laden soul. There is forgiveness with God. It is a divine forgiveness, for He Himself says, I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions. It is a surprising forgiveness, so great that the Lord speaks as though He would have us wonder at it. It is a complete forgiveness, not a partial remitting but a blotting out of the whole debt, and an eternal forgiveness which He will never take back. It is to be found only with God, through Jesus Christ His Son, who died the Just for the unjust that He might bring us to God. If you have come to Him with a penitent heart, trembling under sin, you have in Him a full forgiveness, and the act of His forgiveness is a continuous one, daily covering all your sin.

And because you have received such mercy, you are called to the noble and Christlike work of forgiving as you have been forgiven. Even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. This forgiveness of those who trespass against us is not a paltry thing but a great minded grace. It is a joint work of mercy in which the members of Christ's body should take large shares, forgiving one another freely and from the heart. Some of us have had so much manifest forgiveness for so much outward sin forgiven, that for us to forgive ought to be as natural as to open our hands. You have expressed this readiness toward your wife, to love her as Christ loves the church, and this is well pleasing in the sight of God. Continue in it, not by your own strength, but as one who daily looks to the cross where the record of your own debt was nailed.

We do not cease to marvel at the hand of God in your wanderings. Though doors seemed shut, though employments were lost through no fault of your own, though some dealt unkindly and even took what was yours, the Lord has not left you. He opened a way for daily bread through honest labour, He has now provided this present employment with its provision for your needs, and He has kept your heart from bitterness. Trust Him still to order your steps. Walk by faith and not by sight, for He who has led you thus far will not forsake the work of His hands.

We have prayed and we will continue to pray that the Lord will have mercy upon your house. We have asked that He will work in the heart of your wife, that He will draw her to Himself through faith in Christ alone, for there is no other name by which we must be saved, and that He will lead you both, if it be His gracious will, toward a true and godly reconciliation within the lifelong covenant of marriage as God ordained it for one man and one woman. We have prayed for your children, that the Lord will keep them, watch over them, and guard them from harm, and that He will in His time restore to you such fellowship as is right and good. We have prayed for your present labour, that God will use it to supply what you need, and that above all earthly provision He will cause you to grow spiritually and to be more steadfast in faith during these days of sojourning.

Take courage, for there is forgiveness, and that forgiveness is nigh at hand, now, at this very moment, for every repenting and believing soul. Let that whisper drive away despair. Go to the Word and find there the certainty of it, and then, having received it, extend it freely to others. The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, and He will not despise a contrite spirit.

May the God of all grace keep you, sustain you in this temporary place, provide for your return as He sees best, and cause His face to shine upon you and upon your family, for Christ's sake.
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, the way You want me to know You. So that I will trust You with my life and anyway that You move in my life. Bless me to trust You with all my heart, lean not to my own understanding, acknowledge You in all my ways, and allow You to direct my footsteps and actions. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God-conscious-solution-focused-heart-mind-spirit-and-attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

There is power in prayer (James 5:16)! After 3.5 years in Alaska, my job at the church was complete. My contract was complete. The church had grown from 28 nearly 90 with 22 baptisms. It seems when people are seeking to do good things for the Lord, Satan wakes up and gets active. I’ve seen it...
Replies
14
Views
138
There is power in prayer (James 5:16)! If you have prayed for me in the past, I say thank you. Please continue. Yesterday was not 9/11. It’s hard to believe it’s been 25 years since that horrific day. Yesterday, was also my son’s birthday. I miss him with every ounce of my being. In...
Replies
11
Views
179
Please pray for me… I continue to need strength. It’s 4:18 AM and I feel weak. In February 2019, my family and I moved to Alaska to help a small church. We agreed to be there for three years. In August 2022, my contract was complete. The church had grown from 28 to nearly 90. We had 22...
Replies
13
Views
188
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,195
Messages
16,819,961
Members
651,241
Latest member
Aziorsin

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom