'A New Deal!' - Matthew 26:26-30

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "Take this and eat it, for this is my body."
And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, "Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many. Mark my words — I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father's Kingdom."

Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives.

Matthew 26:26-30 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus begins a new relationship, a new covenant, a new agreement, a new deal with us. He spills his blood, offers up his body, and gives his life to cover our sins and offer us grace. He asks us to accept his sacrifice and trust that it pays our spiritual debts and makes us holy. He asks us to receive this grace and to live in thanks for it. He asks us to take his Supper and tell his story until he returns again.

Ours is a blood covenant of grace. Jesus has given us so much. He has paid such a high price. What is our response? Are we upholding our end of the deal?

He has given us so much; how can we offer him so little? He has sacrificed so much; how can we rebel against his lordship? He has been so gracious; how can we not be thankful?

Today's Prayer​

Precious and sacrificial Father, thank you for giving us the Lord's Supper to remind us of your grace to us in Jesus and our partnership, our covenant, in your grace. May I and my fellow brothers and sisters live each day in ways that are more congruent with his will. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "Take this and eat it, for this is my body."
And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, "Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many. Mark my words — I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father's Kingdom."

Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives.

Matthew 26:26-30 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus begins a new relationship, a new covenant, a new agreement, a new deal with us. He spills his blood, offers up his body, and gives his life to cover our sins and offer us grace. He asks us to accept his sacrifice and trust that it pays our spiritual debts and makes us holy. He asks us to receive this grace and to live in thanks for it. He asks us to take his Supper and tell his story until he returns again.

Ours is a blood covenant of grace. Jesus has given us so much. He has paid such a high price. What is our response? Are we upholding our end of the deal?

He has given us so much; how can we offer him so little? He has sacrificed so much; how can we rebel against his lordship? He has been so gracious; how can we not be thankful?

Today's Prayer​

Precious and sacrificial Father, thank you for giving us the Lord's Supper to remind us of your grace to us in Jesus and our partnership, our covenant, in your grace. May I and my fellow brothers and sisters live each day in ways that are more congruent with his will. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Let us all eat the body of Christ,the Bread of life and those who eat will never hunger again. Jesus full of mercy, love and compassion gave Himself up on the cross to save us and lead us all to heaven. Glory to God in highest. Let us all raise our voice in praise. For You are glorious and worthy of all praise.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Herodias's chance [for vengeance against John] finally came on Herod's birthday. He gave a party for his high government officials, army officers, and the leading citizens of Galilee. Then his daughter, also named Herodias, came in and performed a dance that greatly pleased Herod and his guests...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus also said, "The Kingdom of God is like a farmer who scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, while he's asleep or awake, the seed sprouts and grows, but he does not understand how it happens. The earth produces the crops on its own. First a leaf blade pushes through, then the heads of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But Jesus reprimanded [the evil spirit]. "Be quiet! Come out of the man," he ordered. At that, the evil spirit screamed, threw the man into a convulsion, and then came out of him. —Mark 1:25-26 NLT Key Thought Jesus had power over the evil one and the vile power he seeks to wield. Jesus...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The apostles returned to Jesus from their ministry tour and told him all they had done and taught. Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn't even have time to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When the woman who had suffered bleeding for twelve years touched his robe,] Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?" His disciples said to him, "Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom