A form of adultery?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Some sins are done in an "obvious" way, but others are more "masked",so as they might be "borderline".We know about adultery.But there's some other worldly thing happening that's "acceptable" to unsaved people.I'm sure you've heard the term "friends with benefits". Means, simply, that a man and woman can "know each other well enough" so that they can "take libertys" with each other{and brazenly, without even trying to hide it}, but they "rationalize it away" by saying that it's not really a full-fedged affair,only when they see each other at work..And so, when I used to go inside offices, I would see maybe a women sitting on the mans lap, or the man doing something, and I would happen to know for a fact that they were both married. And sometimes it becomes a habit, where in becomes like" a thing" between them.Now, the Bible says, abstain from the APPEARANCE of evil,and "anyone who has lust for a woman{or vice versa} in their heart , it's like adultery already. So is this friends with benefits sin, despite them "rationalizing it away?"I would say so.You?

Last edited:
Some sins are done in an "obvious" way, but others are more "masked",so as they might be "borderline".We know about adultery.But there's some other worldly thing happening that's "acceptable" to unsaved people.I'm sure you've heard the term "friends with benefits". Means, simply, that a man and woman can "know each other well enough" so that they can "take libertys" with each other{and brazenly, without even trying to hide it}, but they "rationalize it away" by saying that it's not really a full-fedged affair,only when they see each other at work..And so, when I used to go inside offices, I would see maybe a women sitting on the mans lap, or the man doing something, and I would happen to know for a fact that they were both married. And sometimes it becomes a habit, where in becomes like" a thing" between them.Now, the Bible says, abstain from the APPEARANCE of evil,and "anyone who has lust for a woman{or vice versa} in their heart , it's like adultery already. So is this friends with benefits sin, despite them "rationalizing it away?"I would say so.You?
Any one who looks at a woman lustfully
Any one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5: 28

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
IT is adultery. And if we do not say it is a sin, it becomes our sin. All you have to do is look or think about a woman with lust when you are married and it is adultery. there is no such things as friends with benefits. If the two are unmarried it is called fornication. BUT IF EVEN 1 IS MARRIED= ADULTERY. The Father hates adultery. It doesn't matter what man wants to call it. It is still 1 and the same.

Love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul and satan will flee from your when you start singing praises to Jesus for who He is and what He can do for you. Saving you from adultery and fornication is one of them.
Amen. Some people don't realize that adultery and fornication is a sin according to the Word.

Similar Requests

• Article
Someone pointed this scripture out to me last week, and it was also in my scripture of the day app (no coincidences). It's actually one of my favorite scriptures: There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour...
Replies
Views
  • Article
In the last few weeks, I’ve received three separate questions from wives that overlap in their tone. Summarizing what they asked about: Doesn’t a husband need oral sex to be sexually satisfied? How can I handle a husband who persists in wanting to be pegged (defined below)? Is a wife in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Adaptation: The Message Bible While we are not to bring attention to ourselves by requiring that people follow our ritualistic instructions, we are to bring attention to Christ by proclaiming His Word and pointing them in and to His direction and instruction. Again, there's just something...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When I first started this ministry (over 13 years ago!), there were few resources available for Christians wanting sex advice that was both biblical and practical. Yes, they existed, and I’m so grateful to those forerunners! But given the need, the supply wasn’t nearly enough. Nowadays, I can...
Replies
Views
My name is Tonya. I'm a 41 yr old single mother to a wonderfully bright, talented, gifted, perfect blessing of love from almighty God Himself 15 yr old daughter, Taliyah. Her dad lives in Jamaica. We got married because I felt, having his child, it was what was proper and would be right in the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom