11 October 2023 - Open the Eyes of My Heart

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year:
Isaiah 37–38,Colossians 3

May [God] give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
Ephesians 1:17

In 2001, a premature baby named Christopher Duffley surprised doctors by surviving. At five months old, he entered the foster care system until his aunt’s family adopted him. A teacher realised four-year-old Christopher, though blind and diagnosed with autism, had perfect pitch. Six years later at church, Christopher stood onstage and sang, “Open the Eyes of My Heart.” The video reached millions online. In 2020, Christopher shared his goals of serving as a disability advocate. He continues to prove that possibilities are limitless with the eyes of his heart open to God’s plan.

The apostle Paul commended the church in Ephesus for their bold faith (Ephesians 1:15–16). He asked God to give them “the Spirit of wisdom and revelation” so they would “know him better” (v. 17). He prayed that their eyes would be “enlightened,” or opened, so they would understand the hope and inheritance God promised His people (v. 18).

As we ask God to reveal Himself to us, we can know Him more and can declare His name, power and authority with confidence (vv. 19–23). With faith in Jesus and love for all God’s people, we can live in ways that prove His limitless possibilities while asking Him to keep opening the eyes of our hearts.

Reflect & Pray

How has God helped you overcome obstacles or limitations? How does knowing His truth, character and love change the way you see challenges?

Mighty and merciful God, please open the eyes of my heart so that I can know, love and live for You with bold faith that leads others to worship You.

Bible in a Year:

May [God] give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

In 2001, a premature baby named Christopher Duffley surprised doctors by surviving. At five months old, he entered the foster care system until his aunt’s family adopted him. A teacher realised four-year-old Christopher, though blind and diagnosed with autism, had perfect pitch. Six years later at church, Christopher stood onstage and sang, “Open the Eyes of My Heart.” The video reached millions online. In 2020, Christopher shared his goals of serving as a disability advocate. He continues to prove that possibilities are limitless with the eyes of his heart open to God’s plan.

The apostle Paul commended the church in Ephesus for their bold faith (Ephesians 1:15–16). He asked God to give them “the Spirit of wisdom and revelation” so they would “know him better” (v. 17). He prayed that their eyes would be “enlightened,” or opened, so they would understand the hope and inheritance God promised His people (v. 18).

As we ask God to reveal Himself to us, we can know Him more and can declare His name, power and authority with confidence (vv. 19–23). With faith in Jesus and love for all God’s people, we can live in ways that prove His limitless possibilities while asking Him to keep opening the eyes of our hearts.

Reflect & Pray

How has God helped you overcome obstacles or limitations? How does knowing His truth, character and love change the way you see challenges?

Mighty and merciful God, please open the eyes of my heart so that I can know, love and live for You with bold faith that leads others to worship You.

Ask and ye shall receive...says the Lord. I am asking to be filled with the Spirit of the living God so I will be sharing Jesus with others.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Bible in a Year:

Reflect & Pray

Yes Lord, open our hearts and minds to receive the blessings of God in our life. Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Micah 4–5,Revelation 12 Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. Psalm 42:11 My mother’s shiny red cross should have been hanging next to her bed at the cancer care centre. And I should have been preparing for holiday visits between her...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 22–23, Titus 1 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. - Psalm 61:4 There are several Canada goose families with baby geese at the pond near our home. The little goslings are so fluffy and cute; it’s hard not to watch them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 1–2, 1 Timothy 3 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this. Psalm 37:5 God doesn’t help those who help themselves; He helps those who trust in and rely on Him. Jonathan Roumie—the actor who plays Jesus in the successful TV series The Chosen, which...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Hosea 1–4, Revelation 1 I will not forget you! - Isaiah 49:15 As a child, I collected postage stamps. When my angkong (Fukienese for “grandfather”) heard of my hobby, he started saving stamps from post deliveries to his office every day. Whenever I visited my grandparents...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom