Will Pursuing A Spouse Drive Them Further Away?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kristie

Will pursuing a spouse who left the marriage only drive them further away?

I speak from personal experience on both sides of the fence: a woman who has left her husband before, and a woman who has had her husband leave. The answer depends on the reason for leaving.

If there is another person involved, adultery, then it is good to pursue. 99.9% of the time when a spouse goes into adultery, it is because they feel neglected by the spouse, then this outsider comes in and makes them feel special and that is what lures them away. So it is important to make them feel special, to pursue them as rigorously as the outsider did.

As the spouse, you have advantages, number one the soul tie and covenant of marriage, Gods blessings upon your union whereas the adultery is not blessed and is sin, doomed to fail and bring reaping. Then there is the familiarity factor, they are comfortable with you. Most humans hates the unknown, change, starting over and forging new relationships. So if they can get what they need and desire in a relationship that is already formed, they will sway towards that familiar ground.

Like a Pastor friend of mine said one day, the spouse is the big deeply rooted Oak tree, strong and the roots run deep. The other man or other woman is an enticing little fruit tree with shallow roots. They may be lured by the pretty fruit and partake of its enjoyment for a time, but in real life they will always be pulled to the strong deeply rooted Oak in their lives. This is how he described spouses versus adulteresses and adulterers in their lives.

I can tell you that with my husband in the adultery, he has told me that he just wanted me, but wanted all the special things she did for him, the special feelings she gave him...the catering and doting on him. He wanted those things with me, and if we were that close again he would never wander in another direction. When I fought back by doing so, he came running back to me. They are counterfeits and when the real thing becomes as good or better then the counterfeit, the real thing will win out.

As for spouses that leave for other reasons, many of them do need their space and to pursue is to push them further away. Many of them are just going through a personal crisis in some way and they need to find themselves. They still need to know you love them, but need to not be put on the spot with personal confrontations. Those who leave due to abuse or a hard to live with fault in the spouse, alcoholism, drug addictions, etc.; they are escaping a bad situation with the spouse more so then the spouse, and then the situation needs to change, come to an end, and the spouse have time to see that and trust in that.

In these situations, letting them know you love them is important, but doing so in a unobtrusive way...such as send a card letting them know, and keep it very simple...no hashing over things or pouring out of feelings that may invade their comfort zone, but just a simple 'I still love you and always will' or I think you are the best thing that ever happened to me and I want to thank you for being you and loving me". Something sweet and simple. Avoid confrontational stuff at all costs.

A important key to reconciliation is to become friends again. My husband once said something very wise concerning standers. He said that all standers need to think back and remember what attracted them and their spouses to one another and made them fall in love in the first place, and then they need to get back to that.

God bless you...

Kristie

Last edited:
Thank you Kristie! I have a question..what if you don't truly know for sure if there is someone else. I know we aren't suppose to dig for information..that was the old me..I don't want to go on pure speculation because throughout my marriage I had issues.with him because the man I was with before him left me to go back to his girlfriend..I was totally blindsided by it . So I had trust issues with my husband because of it and always felt like I had to be on alert not to get hurt again meanwhile I would accuse him of things needless to say it wasn't healthy.

Just make sure you are praying the hedge of thorn scriptures sis, how do they say that, an ounce of prevention is worth more then a pound of cure. As we have discussed previously though, I believe all pursuit should be on a non invasive level, like the sending the cards. You kind of have to let them crack the door, and let them widen the crack to let you in. You cannot just shove your way in when pursuing. You have to use subtle little displays of letting them know you still love them and the door is open. And overall, always listen to the Holy Spirit within you, it is always best to let the Holy Spirit direct your steps in all of it. God knows everything, whereas myself or any other cannot, and He knows what and when He needs you to do something.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Requests

my spouse is going through many tests in life and in school . I'm praying for them but i would like some help from the kind denizens of this website. they do not believe in our lord and savior but i think prayers would help them. although we are married we can not live under the same room and...
Replies
Views
Please Pray for My Realstuonship and famy that everything to me my spouse and I have grown apart due to other people and to much happening to fast theirs so much confusion and misunderstanding I don't feel as if My spouse wants to to fix things with me it feels as if it doesn't matter anymore to...
Replies
Views
The man I prayed for and is convinced he is my kingdom spouse name is ...... . Can you please pray with me for a confirmation of this as we have been in no contact for 3 months he started seeing someone else. The break is contact was due to me and my insecurities. But like I said I'm relatively...
Replies
Views
I seek prayer to have the third party removed from my husband's life I pray for her to flee his life and never to return my spouse won't leave her as he claims their relationship to be God ordained I know that is not true so I pray for God to intervene.
Replies
Views
I need help getting away from my verbally abusive consistently negative spouse. I care for him and want him to be happy but I'm done being his verbal punching bag and want to get away from his constant criticism. I'm afraid if I try to escape this marriage I will lose everything. I just want him...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom