Why Marriages Break Down

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kristie

I believe that every person who is trying to restore their marriage can say that they have been guilty of offense in their marriage. That we were not the spouse we should have been, that we were neglectful, thoughtless, uncaring, or some form of wayward in the marriage, because that is why marriages break down, how the devil gets a foothold in marriages. We all do things wrong and unfortunately most of us do not wake up and realize the wrong things we have done until we crash, until the marriage crashes.

I can also say that most here know where they went wrong. So one of the things we need to do is fix ourselves in what is wrong with us. It begins with yourself, and allowing God to change us and make us the spouses we should have always been and if we would have been then, would not even be here now in broken marriages. It is just like anything else, a drug addict for instance, the first step is to acknowledge there is something wrong with you, and then you can change it.

It also takes two, and never have I seen any marriage that broke down where both parties do not hold some fault. Ones fault may be greater then the others, but it does take two to conflict and both were not doing the right thing when a marriage dissolves. If just one was doing all the right things, it would have held up and been resolved without falling completely apart. It is key to look within ourselves and find the flaws and fix them with Gods help, and that is one of the first things we need to do.

Maybe the person who messed up and did things back when, is a different person now and would have no problem making amends for the things done back then, if given that chance. We all make misjudgments when emotions are involved, especially when communication has become a brick wall as most marriages end up in before total break down. Never, however, is it right with God to give up and walk away. God can fix anything and make it right and new, and we are supposed to give it to God and let Him do that. Some have done that within themselves, allowed God to show them their faults, what they did wrong, and allowed God to bring the changes so they will not be that way anymore. That is what this is about, changing people and healing marriages.

God bless you...

Kristie

Last edited:
A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Requests

Lord...please calm my mother down....provide her with understanding and love... May she see they were just communicating to her how they felt..she didn't need to overreact like she did...making it a big deal an coming up with things that had nothing to do with it..all she did was make up unreal...
Replies
Views
I'm popular with the wrong kind of people,that's the problem.It seems the ones who want to spend time with me are either very disorganized, have some sin habits, or just in general are uncouth people without finesse in dealing with others It seems I become "popular"with these types, and then...
Replies
Views
I'm popular with the wrong kind of people,that's the problem.It seems the ones who want to spend time with me are either very disorganized, have some sin habits, or just in general are uncouth people without finesse in dealing with others It seems I become "popular"with these types, and then...
Replies
Views
  • Article
It’s a great problem to have: I haven’t been able to blog lately because I’m in a crunch with a book deadline. My wonderful publisher, Baker Books, awaits the latest draft of The Higher Desire Wife, which will be released early in 2025. Since I’ve been steeped in this topic for a while, I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When I first started this ministry (over 13 years ago!), there were few resources available for Christians wanting sex advice that was both biblical and practical. Yes, they existed, and I’m so grateful to those forerunners! But given the need, the supply wasn’t nearly enough. Nowadays, I can...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom