Why does God answer some prayers but not others?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

A lot of Christians believe God answers every prayer, every time, no matter what, period. But that hasn't been my experience. While there indeed have been some "iffy" situations that I was concerned about that miraculously were taken care of, I've also had some situations that I would have loved to get out of, but after prayer, the prayers of others, etc, the situation is just as "on me" as ever.{And it's not for a sinful thing, it's about things like that would lower my stress levels}.But no. So this little philosophy some Christians have that God will automatically and instantly give you all your desires with a snap of the fingers,and if you believe otherwise it's "your fault", like a lack of faith, I wouldn't say that. That's more like new age thinking, the "name it and claim it"gospels.."If we demand it, God will give it".Even Jesus prayed,"Father if possible let this cup pass from me. BUT NOT MY WILL BUT YOURS BE DONE."So this belief that we just snap our fingers and God will just obey our commands like a genie in a bottle,I 'm living proof that doesn't always work.Despite what "name it and claim it" professes.

A lot of Christians believe God answers every prayer, every time, no matter what, period. But that hasn't been my experience. While there indeed have been some "iffy" situations that I was concerned about that miraculously were taken care of, I've also had some situations that I would have loved to get out of, but after prayer, the prayers of others, etc, the situation is just as "on me" as ever.{And it's not for a sinful thing, it's about things like that would lower my stress levels}.But no. So this little philosophy some Christians have that God will automatically and instantly give you all your desires with a snap of the fingers,and if you believe otherwise it's "your fault", like a lack of faith, I wouldn't say that. That's more like new age thinking, the "name it and claim it"gospels.."If we demand it, God will give it".Even Jesus prayed,"Father if possible let this cup pass from me. BUT NOT MY WILL BUT YOURS BE DONE."So this belief that we just snap our fingers and God will just obey our commands like a genie in a bottle,I 'm living proof that doesn't always work.Despite what "name it and claim it" professes.
I think some of the prayers are answered because they are in his will. All our desires may not be his will. He sees things we don't see.

If you have the faith the size of a mustard seed, Jesus will answer all your prayers. However, there is selfish prayer requests that is not in Gods will, probably those will not be answered. Just ask Jesus in humble obedience to His will to answer all your prayers and He will.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Even Jesus prayed,"Father if possible let this cup pass from me. BUT NOT MY WILL BUT YOURS BE DONE
Great entry! Who' going to argue that Jesus did not have faith. It was most surely greater then the size of a mustard seed. He Loved God, had faith in God, did God's work, and still face persecution. Jesus Himself stated:
John 15:20
Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.”
King James Version (KJV)

It is in God' will.

Similar Requests

• Article
Leviticus 19:4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 26:1 You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Someone pointed this scripture out to me last week, and it was also in my scripture of the day app (no coincidences). It's actually one of my favorite scriptures: There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I had a burden for all of them, like fans coming out of nowhere, they show up and tells you things that only Jesus knows what is going on in their life. Some are lonely living in a remote area, while others are living in a crowded city where no one cares or speaks to them. Some a wealthy, some...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom