'Where Facades Don't Matter' - Luke 16:22-23

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued the story of the rich man and Lazarus:] "Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to sit beside Abraham at the heavenly banquet. The rich man also died and was buried, and he went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side."

Luke 16:22-23 NLT

Key Thought​

We spend a lot of time investing in "things" that don't ultimately matter. "Things" give us a facade of importance in our earthly sojourn. However, "things" don't go with us when we face God at judgment; all that will matter then is how we used those "things" to bless others. [1] Lazarus was received with God's care into a place of comfort and joy. The uncompassionate rich man faced torment. Let's not let "things," whether they are our own or they are "possessed" by someone else, distract our hearts from what is important.

[1] Matthew 25:34-40.

Today's Prayer​

God, please give me the kind of heart that sees through the facades and feeble things of this world. With your Spirit, reset my heart so that it can find its focus on and value in what is truly lasting and worthwhile in your sight. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

[Jesus continued the story of the rich man and Lazarus:] "Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to sit beside Abraham at the heavenly banquet. The rich man also died and was buried, and he went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side."

Luke 16:22-23 NLT

Key Thought​

We spend a lot of time investing in "things" that don't ultimately matter. "Things" give us a facade of importance in our earthly sojourn. However, "things" don't go with us when we face God at judgment; all that will matter then is how we used those "things" to bless others. [1] Lazarus was received with God's care into a place of comfort and joy. The uncompassionate rich man faced torment. Let's not let "things," whether they are our own or they are "possessed" by someone else, distract our hearts from what is important.

[1] Matthew 25:34-40.

Today's Prayer​

God, please give me the kind of heart that sees through the facades and feeble things of this world. With your Spirit, reset my heart so that it can find its focus on and value in what is truly lasting and worthwhile in your sight. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
When I die, I want to see Jesus face to face and thank Him for saving my soul.

Riches of earth will not save us nor we will be able to take to heaven. So, let us all set our eyes on the Lord, He is the saving grace we all need.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Then Pilate called together the leading priests and other religious leaders, along with the people, and he announced his verdict. "You brought this man to me, accusing him of leading a revolt. I have examined him thoroughly on this point in your presence and find him innocent. Herod came to the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said, "There was a certain rich man who was splendidly clothed in purple and fine linen and who lived each day in luxury. At his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus who was covered with sores. As Lazarus lay there longing for scraps from the rich man's table, the dogs would come and lick his...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority — quite unlike the teachers of religious law. —Mark 1:21-22 NLT Key Thought Jesus went to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One of the criminals hanging beside [Jesus] scoffed, "So you're the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself — and us, too, while you're at it!" But the other criminal protested, "Don't you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[During the Passover meal, Jesus continued,] "But here at this table, sitting among us as a friend, is the man who will betray me. For it has been determined that the Son of Man must die. But what sorrow awaits the one who betrays him." The disciples began to ask each other which of them would...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom