When We As Women Step In Front Of God

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

I went to church this weekend, and an interesting topic came up. It was the topic of Vashti in Esther. Then I goggled her and was totally surprised by what I saw. I know a lot of women are not going to agree with this. But here goes.

I have read the book of Esther a few times. It gives me encouragement and reminds me that the husband is head of the house hold no matter what. And that we should honor him and God will take care of the rest. When Vashti refused to come before the king it was an act of rebellion not an act of heroism. Nowhere in that text did I ever see where she was asked to come naked. He admired her and wanted to show her off. I used to be glad when my husband was with the boys or friends and would show me off because he admired me. I took it for granted and that is one of the things I truly miss today. But God is good and he will restore what the enemy has stolen.
Now from her act the king issued a decree and stated that a man is to be king of his household. That is something God distinctly placed on my heart over and over again when I read chapter one of Esther. That is something we as women do not do.

Some of you are saying but if my husband is not listening to God then why should I listen to him. I want you to show me when in the bible it states that we are only to listen to our husbands when we feel they are right? Or only if they are saved. In fact it distinctly says we are to honor them in everything so that our action will bring them to God. This doesn’t matter if they are living with us, gone, living in sin with another woman. WITH OUT A WORD!!!!!!

In 1 Peter Three it states:
Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Won without a word. With the book that I posted last week. This really hit home. I always felt that I had to be in contact with my husband for him to see my changes and to show him that I loved him. I felt that if I didn’t contact him he would forget who I was.

But we are one flesh. So as I change he will automatically feel my changes. Husbands can feel what we are feeling even if they act like they don’t. We are one flesh. They will fight it but it is how God meant for it to be.

No one thing we do as women is that if our husbands are doing something that we don’t approve of or if it will negatively affect us we will try to fix it so that we won’t be effected and say well God told us to, but he didn’t. God told us to honor our husbands.
Look at Sarah. Twice Abraham told him to say she was his sister so his life can be spared. Two kings married her. But she honored her husband and God honored her.

How do we know if that incident that God wanted for our husbands to go through wasn’t the time God wanted to use to bring our husbands to salvation, and we are stepping in getting in Gods way and wondering why our husbands are not saved? We keep stopping the correction from God. We are protecting ourselves or our husbands and not letting God be God.

This is a hard lesson for me. I will not tell you that it is easy but every hour it will get easier. I mess up daily. And God corrects me. I actually got to the point this week to say God if I can’t submit to you I know I can’t submit to my husband so keep working on me till you are my all in all. No matter what it takes. And it is going to be rough. I am not used to not seeing or speaking to my husband even though he has left me.

But I know God has to come first.

So my rhema words are without a word. All of us need to practice without a word. We will mess up but God will be there to gently pick us up, correct us and GUIDE us. If we will let him.

God, husband, wife, children IS the order of the day and lifetime in God's eyes...and I agree in complete agrement that we women NEED to learn our place I too have learned (yes learned...with a mind set to obey my husband, we put it in our wedding vows) I am still not very good at it though and I do not jest...it is serious and I loose out on many blessings because of my mouth...even when there IS a reason...there is none in God's eyes...HE is in control...GOD, husband, wife, children...the order of the day and in Jesus name it does get easier and easier...hopefully my personality can go away and be doormat Lord bless us women to see that there is a huge blessing and miracle to us if we just obey YOU and our husbands...even when we "feel" differently...in Jesus name God bless and good words

Hi Here it is a year later and I can say Thank you Lord, no we are not restored but it is getting easier and easier to put my husband first. amen

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Run to the arms of Jesus. He is the giver of all good gifts and from His hands cometh blessings upon blessings to those who seek His face on a daily basis. Praising and adoring His holy name. Then sings my soul, My Savior God to Thee. How great Thou art. Yes, Thou art great, And full of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That is the question everyone of us wants to know. We do not know for sure when Jesus will call us home to heaven. but His word is true and we must believe with everything we have. Thou shall not die, but live. Where, when, how? God will decide when it is our time to depart planet earth...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Leviticus 19:4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 26:1 You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Wonderful things God did for women whose deep faith in Him were shown and explain in Gods word. Women of God. All women of faith. Cannot be like the world. They love their Lord. Serve with care and concern. For lost souls of the world. They are tender in all they do. They are kind and good to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We shall forever boldly proclaim and declare the praises of His name. When His visitation is in our midst, let us all rejoice in Him and adore His holy name. Embracing the King of kings and the Lord of lords who full of loving care came to all of us to save us, help us and heal our broken...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom