'When Light Is Darkness' - Luke 11:33-36

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued,] "No one lights a lamp and then hides it or puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where its light can be seen by all who enter the house.
"Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is unhealthy, your body is filled with darkness. Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness. If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light."

Luke 11:33-36 NLT

Key Thought​

Not all religion is the same. Despite the claims of many in today's culture, simply choosing a religion is not the issue. The issue has to do with choosing a Savior. Only one Savior has already chosen you. He has already paid for your sins. He has already set in motion the power to make you a child of God and bring you home to himself as a fellow heir of heaven's riches and grace. This Savior warns about false lights that are really just another form of darkness. We must keep our eyes and our hearts focused on Jesus, the true light of the world. [1]

[1] John 8:12.

Today's Prayer​

Father, please give me eyes to see your truth and a heart that is open to your truth. I do not want to put my faith in something simply because I have a deep-seated need to be religious. I want the true light, the eternal light, the saving light to illuminate my soul. I seek your truth and your salvation. Lead me to an unvarnished and unencumbered faith in what is true. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

[Jesus continued,] "No one lights a lamp and then hides it or puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where its light can be seen by all who enter the house.
"Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is unhealthy, your body is filled with darkness. Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness. If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light."

Luke 11:33-36 NLT

Key Thought​

Not all religion is the same. Despite the claims of many in today's culture, simply choosing a religion is not the issue. The issue has to do with choosing a Savior. Only one Savior has already chosen you. He has already paid for your sins. He has already set in motion the power to make you a child of God and bring you home to himself as a fellow heir of heaven's riches and grace. This Savior warns about false lights that are really just another form of darkness. We must keep our eyes and our hearts focused on Jesus, the true light of the world. [1]

[1] John 8:12.

Today's Prayer​

Father, please give me eyes to see your truth and a heart that is open to your truth. I do not want to put my faith in something simply because I have a deep-seated need to be religious. I want the true light, the eternal light, the saving light to illuminate my soul. I seek your truth and your salvation. Lead me to an unvarnished and unencumbered faith in what is true. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
May the light of the Lord Jesus lead my path to heaven. I want to be faithful and true to Him till He calls me home to glory.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Late in the afternoon [when Jesus was teaching a huge crowd,] his disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and it's already getting late. Send the crowds away so they can go to the nearby farms and villages and buy something to eat." —Mark 6:35-36 NLT Key Thought At first...
Replies
Views
  • Article
While [Jesus] was still speaking to [the woman who touched his robe to be healed], messengers arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. They told him, "Your daughter is dead. There's no use troubling the Teacher now." But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, "Don't be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's cross to the other side of the lake." So they took Jesus in the boat and started out, leaving the crowds behind (although other boats followed). —Mark 4:35-36 NLT Key Thought Some things need to be shared in private. God's servants can't be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But Jesus said, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, "Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!" And one of them struck at the high priest's slave, slashing off his right ear. But Jesus said, "No more...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus asked [the apostles], "Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine. For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light."...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom