'What Are You Living For?' - Luke 12:27-32

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus said,] "Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? And don't be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don't worry about such things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need. So don't be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom."

Luke 12:27-32 NLT

Key Thought

What's the bottom line in these words of Jesus? It is this: Don't be afraid to live for the Kingdom as your highest priority and your most pressing concern. God takes care of things much less important than us in a way far finer than we could provide for ourselves. We're more important to God than those things. So let's give the Father the joy of giving us the Kingdom by making it our strongest desire. Let him take care of the "little stuff" as we pursue the "Kingdom stuff."

Today's Prayer

Holy Father, give me a passion for your Kingdom and your righteousness. Make that passion burn inside me until your Kingdom becomes my highest call. I know that my worries about other things will be driven out by the proper passion for what you long to give me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
HXEVemDx6R4

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus continued his teaching about not worrying:] "Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[At the Last Supper, after Jesus told the apostles one of them would betray him,] they began to argue among themselves about who would be the greatest among them. Jesus told them, "In this world the kings and great men lord it over their people, yet they are called 'friends of the people.' But...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [the women] rushed back from the tomb to tell his eleven disciples — and everyone else — what had happened. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and several other women who told the apostles what had happened. But the story sounded like nonsense to the men, so they didn't...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued,] "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers." —Luke 22:31-32 NLT Key Thought Most of us would define...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Two others, both criminals, were led out to be executed with [Jesus]. When they came to a place called The Skull, they nailed him to the cross. And the criminals were also crucified — one on his right and one on his left. Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom