We’ll Never Be Happy Here (And That’s Okay)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

3595-large.jpg

We love glorious moments, but they don't last that long... until, with Jesus, they last forever.I guess if we're honest, we’ll admit to struggling some every day.

Why?

took_me_seriously.jpg
Because we weren’t made for this world.

Sure, we have our moments... those glorious, all is right in the world, fleeting, and emotionally satisfying slices of life.

I love them.

But, truth be told, they don’t last very long.

Which is why I’m banking on the next life.

As Max Lucado writes:

You will never be completely happy on earth simply because you were not made for earth. Oh, you’ll have your moments of joy. You will catch glimpses of light. You will know moments or even days of peace. But they simply do not compare with the happiness that lies ahead.

Your faith and your hope are in God.
Or as Peter puts it:

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God (1 Peter 1:18-21 — Bold text added for emphasis.).

Check out Michele's new book:

Preparing, Adjusting, and Loving the Empty Nest

A Companion to Empty Nest, What’s Next?

empty_nest_book.jpg

About the author: Michele Howe is a book reviewer and writer with a women's lifestyle column, "Embracing Life's Curves" with Syndicated Writers of America. Michelle's books include: Going It Alone: Meeting the Challenges of Being a Single Mom, Prayers for Homeschool Moms, Prayers for New and Expecting Moms, Prayers of Comfort and Strength, and Prayers to Nourish a Woman's Heart. Check out her books online!
jWxtLv5MAZA
View the full article

Jesus is the center of all joy, happines and peace. Now, if you do not follow the Lords leadings in your life, or do not read His word and failed to hear His voice, then unhappiness will come to you. Rejoice, the Lord is with us all the time and want us all to rejoice along with Him.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
We love glorious moments, but they don't last that long... until, with Jesus, they last forever. I guess if we're honest, we’ll admit to struggling some every day. Why? Because we weren’t made for this world. Sure, we have our moments... those glorious, all is right in the world...
Replies
Views
  • Article
By this time [Jesus and the two disciples] were nearing Emmaus and the end of their journey. Jesus acted as if he were going on, but they begged him, "Stay the night with us, since it is getting late." So he went home with them. As they sat down to eat, he took the bread and blessed it. Then he...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Temple guards with the priests and elders] arrested [Jesus] and led him to the high priest's home. And Peter followed at a distance. The guards lit a fire in the middle of the courtyard and sat around it, and Peter joined them there. A servant girl noticed him in the firelight and began...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 43–45 , Matthew 12:24–50 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15 On Charley and Jan’s fiftieth wedding anniversary, they shared breakfast at a café with their son Jon. That day, the restaurant was understaffed with just a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now Jesus turned to the people again and told them this story: "A man planted a vineyard, leased it to tenant farmers, and moved to another country to live for several years. At the time of the grape harvest, he sent one of his servants to collect his share of the crop. But the farmers attacked...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom