'We Need Jesus!' - Mark 5:21-23

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus got into the boat again and went back to the other side of the lake, where a large crowd gathered around him on the shore. Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet, pleading fervently with him. "My little daughter is dying," he said. "Please come and lay your hands on her; heal her so she can live."

Mark 5:21-23 NLT

Key Thought

Desperation leads us to do dramatic things! While the people flocked to Jesus, the religious leaders were reluctant to put their faith in him and were often hostile to him. Jairus was different. He knew he needed Jesus. He demonstrated his need for Jesus. He pled with Jesus because of his need. He made clear that he believed that Jesus could bring the blessing he so desperately needed. In those ways, Jairus models for us what our attitude should be. We know we need Jesus. Are we willing to demonstrate our need to Jesus? Are we happy to declare our faith in Jesus' power to bring the blessings we most need in our lives? God help us not to let pride, peer pressure, or worldly pursuits block our path to the Savior!

Today's Prayer

O God, my Abba Father, I know that I need Jesus and his presence in my life. Please protect me from the things that Satan intends to use to block my path to your Son and my Savior. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
KSVN29E_DjI

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus continued,] "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand." Then he added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given — and you will receive even more." —Mark 4:23-24 NLT Key Thought If yesterday's message that one...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One time Jesus entered a house, and the crowds began to gather again. Soon he and his disciples couldn't even find time to eat. When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him away. "He's out of his mind," they said. —Mark 3:20-21 NLT Key Thought Sometimes those people who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus asked [the apostles], "Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine. For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light."...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand. —Mark 3:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus touched many people with his compassion, care, healing, comfort, and teaching. How did he reach so many people? Some came to him for healing because they had heard of his power over...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority — quite unlike the teachers of religious law. —Mark 1:21-22 NLT Key Thought Jesus went to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom