'We Must Celebrate' - Luke 15:31-32

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Concluding the tale of the two sons, Jesus said,] "His father said to [the older angry, jealous son], 'Look, dear son, you have always stayed by me, and everything I have is yours. We had to celebrate this happy day. For your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was lost, but now he is found!'"

Luke 15:31-32 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus told this story [1] about a father and his two sons and the two previous stories [2] to tell us that when sinners come to salvation, celebration isn't optional! The angels in heaven celebrate. The Father celebrates. God's children must celebrate!

[1] Luke 15:11-32.
[2] Luke 15:3-7, 8-10.

Today's Prayer​

Father, I pray for a great harvest in our day so that your people can bring you the joy of heaven's celebration and so that the lost in our world can come to know you as their Father. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Once we come back to Jesus after we have left church for a long time, my heart rejoiced in Him alone. Angels in heaven were celebrating my return and I am so grateful to Jesus for bringing me back again to His arms of mercy.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
The apostles returned to Jesus from their ministry tour and told him all they had done and taught. Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn't even have time to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Jesus and the apostles] left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone. But many people recognized them and saw them leaving, and people from many towns ran ahead along the shore and got there ahead of them. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "All of you listen," he said, "and try to understand. It's not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart." —Mark 7:14-15 NLT Key Thought Our words and our actions say it all, don't they?! So let's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued,] "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers." —Luke 22:31-32 NLT Key Thought Most of us would define...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus went into a house to get away from the crowd, and his disciples asked him what he meant by the parable he had just used. "Don't you understand either?" he asked. "Can't you see that the food you put into your body cannot defile you? Food doesn't go into your heart, but only passes...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom