UPON THIS ROCK!

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Cussing

Fussing

Cutting

Stubborn

Offensive

Know-it-All (upsetting the status quo;’ always got sum’tin to say)

Audacious (enough to step out on the water)

Though having denied Him in the past, so that some have even called me sometimey, I forgive their vernacular error, for while I am not sometimey, I confess it, the ways of Peter are “sometimes me.” I doubt that I’m the only culprit . . .

NEVERTHELESS

Because of the TRUTH spoken that, like Peter, despite all of my shortcomings, JESUS is the CHRIST, the SON of the LIVING GOD, I too am redeemed, therefore:

“Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven”

YES, AMEN!

Commentary: Truth is, we all works in progress. No one’s sin is more sinful than the next and no one’s righteousness is any more righteous than the other, including the elect (there is just more required of you, by God): for we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. If Jesus was not glorified until He ascended into heaven, how dare any of us, preachers especially included, while gluttonusly grabbing up all grace for ourselves, think to glorify ourselves or to be glorified here on earth. The devil is a liar!

. . .

Rock of ages, cleft for me. Let me hide myself in Thee. If we are hiding in Jesus, then satan will not tempt us nor any evil shall fall upon you or me. You O Lord are everything to me. I will exalt Your holy name till you call me home to heaven. Amen

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
If you were to die today, where would you spend eternity? YOUR answer to this question is the most important thing! There are two options… You can spend eternity in Heaven with God walking the streets of gold, or you can spend eternity in Hell, forever separated from God in agony and pain...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Rock and a hard place Which one is the better course; pleasing the flesh or living in the Spirit? Catering to our selfishness or committing to others? Selfishness reaps short term rewards while selflessness seldom yields immediate results. In fact selflessness is really an investment of love...
Replies
Views
  • Article
O Lord, I cry for You every single day of my life wanting to know where I am going to spend my life after I depart planet earth. God send us here to earth for a purpose, we must and should find what that purpose is, otherwise we will be lost and discouraged anywhere we go. We are destined to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
JESUS IS THE ROCK Matthew 16:18 ESV / 69 helpful votes And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Psalm 18:2 ESV / 64 helpful votes The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
While I live... I will praise the Lord. From the bottom of my heart I shall sing glorious songs to Him. He is worthy of all glorious songs coming our from a grateful heart. We were delivered from sin and evil and now we are on our way to our eternal home in heaven. I will sing praises...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom