Nobody is reading this thread right now.

I know Halloween can be controversial among believers; my goal is not to judge anyone. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus!

I’m passionate about this topic because I myself was deceived by it. I was involved in witchcraft. It caused a multitude of problems that destroyed me, were destroying my family, and almost took my life. Thankfully, the Lord prevented me from going nearly as deeply as I wanted to.

Five or so years back, I actually made a slideshow defending Halloween and criticizing the way my parents raised us. I was a rebellious teenager, hurting a lot because of school situations, depression, etc. It was so frustrating how my parents seemed apathetic and unwilling to see our point of view. Although they let us wear costumes and visit the church each year, where we enjoyed apple bobbing, cake walks, waterslides, candy, and more, I felt deprived of trick or treating and high school Halloween parties. It was only later, after Jesus delivered me from so much, that my eyes were opened. I began to learn that many things which seem harmless are or can be very dangerous.

When we are born again, our spirit is delivered from one kingdom and adopted into another. As Christians, we realize that these two kingdoms are CONTINUALLY at war with each other. Peter is addressing the church, not the unbelievers, when he says:

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

What does that have to do with Halloween? Halloween is All Hallow’s Eve shortened. Hallow is Old English meaning holy or sanctified.

Some history of All Hallow’s Eve: It was believed that the boundaries between the living and the dead became blurred and that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. ***Celebrations took place halfway between the fall equinox and the winter solstice. The celebration also involved prayer, and sacrificing cattle. Many of the traditions we still associate with Halloween in the modern world come from Samhain. To mark the occasion of Samhain, the Druids (pagan religious leaders) used to light enormous bonfires, where the community burned crops and animals as sacrifice to Celtic deities.

According to Inside History, during the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other’s fortunes. When the celebration was over, on returning home everybody re-lit their hearth fires from the sacred bonfire to help protect them during the coming winter. All Souls’ Day was celebrated similarly to Samhain, with big bonfires, parades and dressing up in costumes as saints, angels and devils.”

Halloween is inherently a religious holiday.

For Druids, Satanists, Wiccans, Shamans, etc., Halloween is a very important night. The ‘stars align’ for rituals, spells, tarot readings, animal sacrifices, and summoning demons.

In **her testimony on the YouTube channel Jesus is Truth, Chelsea shares a heartbreaking story from a Satanist she was friends with before she was saved. In the initiation to his coven, he was stripped naked, bound up with ropes, and whipped repeatedly. Eventually, he reached a hypnosis state where he was outside of his body, and invited demons into his body for power and knowledge. This is not remotely the worst that devout Satan worshippers do.

Outright devil worship doesn’t appeal to all spiritualists, but any form of magic is still aligning with Satan. ‘Good witches’ and others who think they’re on the ‘light side’ of magic believe their rituals are good. Nature worship, yoga, etc. is quite common today. It all appeals to our desire for happiness and higher purpose. To keep people from discovering the power/redemption/healing of Jesus, the enemy causes them to search for it in themselves, creation, anywhere else. They think the demonic spirits are their ‘spirit guides’ or even ghosts of loved ones. When they turn to Christ, they realize the spirits are not their friends. The spirits’ become furious because their ‘puppet’ is no longer duped. Their true nature is revealed in physical attacks, nightmares, mental torment... For people who haven’t been saved, ‘light magic’ could also be a gateway drug to dark magic.

All of it strengthens the dark kingdom.

Halloween is also a celebration of fear. We watch horror movies designed to make us afraid, we scare children, we adore all things ‘spooky’. Take it from someone who was controlled by fear, you do NOT want to play around with it.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Because of all this pagan activity, and the welcoming of spirits, the boundary for evil spirits is weakened on October 31st. The enemy was handed power over the entire earth through a single sin.

As Christians, he doesn’t have any access unless we give it to him. We don’t need to fear him:

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

I am not saying we shouldn’t celebrate! Personally, I love dressing up. We shouldn’t celebrate the same ways the world does. Jesus calls us to be set apart. It’s easy to say ‘it’s just a costume’, but if we dress as wizards, zombies, skeletons, vampires, monsters, and so on, we’re honoring them. As a temple of the Holy Spirit, why would I want to glorify death or the spirits who used to torment me? Instead of Halloween, let’s celebrate Christ.

By all means, take your children pumpkin picking, to church, fall festivals, play games, celebrate with friends and family, but please be wary of going door to door. Even if they’re wearing an adorable knight costume, if an impressionable child is taken trick or treating to houses decorated with gravestones, body parts, and scary creatures, and surrounded by other children/adults who are wearing far wickeder costumes, they’re receiving a strong message that darkness and murder are thrilling. If they’re old enough to understand, you can explain to them why we don’t enjoy the gore/frightening aspects, but which do you think will have more of an impact? Words or the atmosphere of one magical night a year? Why take the risk of exposing your children to hexes/spells?

Next year, If you’re able, I encourage you to separate some extra time to spend in the presence of the Lord on October 31st. Fasting, prayer, worshipping, reading his Word, sharing his message, or whatever he inspires you to do. If the world gets darker, we have to get brighter!

***What is the history and meaning of Halloween? (msn.com)

**Halloween warning from an ex-witch (warning heavy talk) - YouTube

Ex-Witch Reacts to Christians Celebrating Halloween - YouTube

I know Halloween can be controversial among believers; my goal is not to judge anyone. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus!

I’m passionate about this topic because I myself was deceived by it. I was involved in witchcraft. It caused a multitude of problems that destroyed me, were destroying my family, and almost took my life. Thankfully, the Lord prevented me from going nearly as deeply as I wanted to.

Five or so years back, I actually made a slideshow defending Halloween and criticizing the way my parents raised us. I was a rebellious teenager, hurting a lot because of school situations, depression, etc. It was so frustrating how my parents seemed apathetic and unwilling to see our point of view. Although they let us wear costumes and visit the church each year, where we enjoyed apple bobbing, cake walks, waterslides, candy, and more, I felt deprived of trick or treating and high school Halloween parties. It was only later, after Jesus delivered me from so much, that my eyes were opened. I began to learn that many things which seem harmless are or can be very dangerous.

When we are born again, our spirit is delivered from one kingdom and adopted into another. As Christians, we realize that these two kingdoms are CONTINUALLY at war with each other. Peter is addressing the church, not the unbelievers, when he says:

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

What does that have to do with Halloween? Halloween is All Hallow’s Eve shortened. Hallow is Old English meaning holy or sanctified.

Some history of All Hallow’s Eve: It was believed that the boundaries between the living and the dead became blurred and that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. ***Celebrations took place halfway between the fall equinox and the winter solstice. The celebration also involved prayer, and sacrificing cattle. Many of the traditions we still associate with Halloween in the modern world come from Samhain. To mark the occasion of Samhain, the Druids (pagan religious leaders) used to light enormous bonfires, where the community burned crops and animals as sacrifice to Celtic deities.

According to Inside History, during the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other’s fortunes. When the celebration was over, on returning home everybody re-lit their hearth fires from the sacred bonfire to help protect them during the coming winter. All Souls’ Day was celebrated similarly to Samhain, with big bonfires, parades and dressing up in costumes as saints, angels and devils.”

For Druids, Satanists, Wiccans, Shamans, etc., Halloween is a very important night. The ‘stars align’ for rituals, spells, tarot readings, animal sacrifices, and summoning demons.

In **her testimony on the YouTube channel Jesus is Truth, Chelsea shares a heartbreaking story from a Satanist she was friends with before she was saved. In the initiation to his coven, he was stripped naked, bound up with ropes, and whipped repeatedly. Eventually, he reached a hypnosis state where he was outside of his body, and invited demons into his body for power and knowledge. This is not remotely the worst that devout Satan worshippers do.

Outright devil worship doesn’t appeal to all spiritualists, but any form of magic is still aligning with Satan. ‘Good witches’ and others who think they’re on the ‘light side’ of magic believe their rituals are good. Nature worship, yoga, etc. is quite common today. It all appeals to our desire for happiness and higher purpose. To keep people from discovering the power/redemption/healing of Jesus, the enemy causes them to search for it in themselves, creation, anywhere else. They think the demonic spirits are their ‘spirit guides’ or even ghosts of loved ones. When they turn to Christ, they realize the spirits are not their friends. The spirits’ become furious because their ‘puppet’ is no longer duped. Their true nature is revealed in physical attacks, nightmares, mental torment... For people who haven’t been saved, ‘light magic’ could also be a gateway drug to dark magic.

Halloween is also a celebration of fear. We watch horror movies designed to make us afraid, we scare children, we adore all things ‘spooky’. Take it from someone who was controlled by fear, you do NOT want to play around with it.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Because of all this pagan activity, and the welcoming of spirits, the boundary for evil spirits is weakened on October 31st. The enemy was handed power over the entire earth through a single sin.

As Christians, he doesn’t have any access unless we give it to him. We don’t need to fear him:

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

I am not saying we shouldn’t celebrate! Personally, I love dressing up. We shouldn’t celebrate the same ways the world does. Jesus calls us to be set apart. It’s easy to say ‘it’s just a costume’, but if we dress as wizards, zombies, skeletons, vampires, monsters, and so on, we’re honoring them. As a temple of the Holy Spirit, why would I want to glorify death or the spirits who used to torment me? Instead of Halloween, let’s celebrate Christ.

By all means, take your children pumpkin picking, to church, fall festivals, play games, celebrate with friends and family, but please be wary of going door to door. Even if they’re wearing an adorable knight costume, if an impressionable child is taken trick or treating to houses decorated with gravestones, body parts, and scary creatures, and surrounded by other children/adults who are wearing far wickeder costumes, they’re receiving a strong message that darkness and murder are thrilling. If they’re old enough to understand, you can explain to them why we don’t enjoy the gore/frightening aspects, but which do you think will have more of an impact? Words or the atmosphere of one magical night a year? Why take the risk of exposing your children to hexes/spells?

Next year, If you’re able, I encourage you to separate some extra time to spend in the presence of the Lord on October 31st. Fasting, prayer, worshipping, reading his Word, sharing his message, or whatever he inspires you to do. If the world gets darker, we have to get brighter!

Jesus loves you so much and cares for you. He really has delivered you from satans hands. This practice of Trick and Treat is witchcraft and it is forbiden by the Lord. It is an abomination to Jesus to do this. Just as He commanded us not to do it. Deut. 18.10 My prayer goes to those children who go out in the streets begging for candy on Halloween Day. May Jesus save them and their families.

Jesus loves you so much and cares for you. He really has delivered you from satans hands. This practice of Trick and Treat is witchcraft and it is forbiden by the Lord. It is an abomination to Jesus to do this. Just as He commanded us not to do it. Deut. 18.10 My prayer goes to those children who go out in the streets begging for candy on Halloween Day. May Jesus save them and their families.
Jesus loves and cares for you too! Thank you for praying for salvation for the children and their families! <3

My friend I recall a pastor would go out on Halloween with 5 brothers. They were all dressed as pallbearers and carried a coffin outside an exotic dancing establishment. The coffin had a hatch that was opened where the head of the decease would have been. When curious onlookers enquired who was inside the coffin, the brothers would encouraged the person to look inside. The nervous person peered cautiously inside and gasped. There was a mirror strategically positioned inside the coffin that reflected the image of the onlooker.
The brothers found a way to preach about death and about resurrection through Jesus.
Just wanted to share.☺

My friend I recall a pastor would go out on Halloween with 5 brothers. They were all dressed as pallbearers and carried a coffin outside an exotic dancing establishment. The coffin had a hatch that was opened where the head of the decease would have been. When curious onlookers enquired who was inside the coffin, the brothers would encouraged the person to look inside. The nervous person peered cautiously inside and gasped. There was a mirror strategically positioned inside the coffin that reflected the image of the onlooker.
The brothers found a way to preach about death and about resurrection through Jesus.
Just wanted to share.☺
Death will come anytime soon for everyone of us and children need to know that this world is not our home, we are strangers and pilgrims on earth. Jesus will call us home anytime soon. So, instead of trick and treat, hand all these children a bible, a new testament, a tract that will show them the way of salvation. Stay away from evil practices and draw closer to Jesus. He loves you and cares for you. Jesus, what a wonder You are. Lovely song to sing to them.

Just wanted to share.☺
Wow, what a great attention grabber! We need more creative ideas and Christians bold enough to use them. Thanks for sharing!

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Death will come anytime soon for everyone of us and children need to know that this world is not our home, we are strangers and pilgrims on earth. Jesus will call us home anytime soon. So, instead of trick and treat, hand all these children a bible, a new testament, a tract that will show them the way of salvation. Stay away from evil practices and draw closer to Jesus. He loves you and cares for you. Jesus, what a wonder You are. Lovely song to sing to them.
Thank you for reminding us this world isn't our home. It's so easy to get caught up in all the distractions until we remember that only those things that come from Jesus can come with us to our eternal home. That is a lovely song!

Similar Requests

• Article
Certainly God is no respecter of man, but He cannot go back on His Word to those who step out on faith as He commands. Whatever He purposes to bring His name glory is His good pleasure. What is being witnessed throughout the land is neither evil, nor magic; but rather God honoring His promise...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus clearly said to all of us. Go and sin no more. If you sin and follow pagan pagan practices, then the devil will get hold on you and your heart will grow cold towards Gods word, prayer and you will not want to attend church anymore. Then depression will set in, worry and fear satan...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Christmas is a special time. It is a family celebration. Other holidays are different. Good Friday and Easter are usually celebrated in church. National days are honored with speeches, parades and the ceremonies of government. But Christmas is glorified in the home because it is the celebration...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We read in Werner Keller's book The Bible as History the following admission: Doesn't it seem rather strange that the so-called "Christian church" should choose a day to celebrate the Messiah's birth which was identified as the day of the birth of the unconquered sun, the day of the winter...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The Origin of Sun Worship, Trinity, Babylon and Sunday Worship Satan's church had its beginning at Babylon with the construction of the Tower of Babel on the plain of Shinar by the River Euphrates many generations after the deluge. At the time of the construction of Babylon at the Tower...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom