Transformed into His Image (Nov 19th)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Verse
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate [and reflect] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever–increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 tniv

Thought
I love the phrase "transformed... with ever-increasing glory." This is the crescendo of the Holy Spirit's grace until we finish our life's symphony in Jesus. While most of us think of miracles as some kind of special healing, this is the most amazing miracle of all: we are changing, throughout our lives and regardless of age, to be more like Jesus. We can't do this on our own. We can't make it happen. But as we dance through life led by the Holy Spirit, we are transformed with ever-increasing glory! Incredible! So let's keep looking at Jesus and reflecting more of that glory.

Prayer
Almighty God, you are holy and I am not. You are divine and I am not. You are majestic and I am not. Yet because of Jesus, and because of the work of your Holy Spirit within me, I know I am becoming what I am not — more like Jesus each day. So I yield my will and offer myself to be used for your glory and to be formed to be more like Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

6PMB6eLSH2w
View the full article

Similar Requests

• Article
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. —Psalm 139:23-24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God does know us. We cannot pretend we are something we are not with him. He knows us — inside...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus, the Son of the living God, came to this world to save sinners and to show us to way to reach our eternal home in glory. I am the Door... Jesus said. to enter enter heaven. We must call on Him, day and night pray, praise and honor His holy name. His mercy and compassion will never...
Replies
Views
Abba father, I need you help, I need you to repair this marriage, restore peace, hope, love, companionship, and mutual respect. I need these trials to end and my wife to return home. I need forgiveness as I repent for my sins against you. I ask for mercy and grace in the process of restoring...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate [and reflect] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. —2 Corinthians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[God said,] "I'll give you [my people in Babylonian captivity] a new heart. I'll put a new Spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you'll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!"...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom