Today's Verse - Titus 1:15 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Titus 1:15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Rust stains, grass stains, blood stains, chocolate stains. ARGH! Those stains are real nightmares in the laundry room. They don't just leave a stain on the fabric's surface, but they also leave a residue that infiltrates the fibers of our clothes. Evil is that way with our souls. We must not kid ourselves. Evil corrupts and leaves a residue that corrupts everything it touches and permeates — including the hearts of otherwise decent people. That's why we are urged to stay far away from evil and avoid its very appearance. That's also why Jesus died: not only to overcome the evil one but also to clean away the stain and purify our hearts from all of its residues.

My Prayer...​

Father, guard my path and give me good Christian friends who will help guard my life from evil. In addition, dear Father, please help me as I seek to share Christ's cleansing and liberating power with those around me who are caught in evil's destructive and deceptive grasp. In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Titus 1:15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Rust stains, grass stains, blood stains, chocolate stains. ARGH! Those stains are real nightmares in the laundry room. They don't just leave a stain on the fabric's surface, but they also leave a residue that infiltrates the fibers of our clothes. Evil is that way with our souls. We must not kid ourselves. Evil corrupts and leaves a residue that corrupts everything it touches and permeates — including the hearts of otherwise decent people. That's why we are urged to stay far away from evil and avoid its very appearance. That's also why Jesus died: not only to overcome the evil one but also to clean away the stain and purify our hearts from all of its residues.

My Prayer...​

Father, guard my path and give me good Christian friends who will help guard my life from evil. In addition, dear Father, please help me as I seek to share Christ's cleansing and liberating power with those around me who are caught in evil's destructive and deceptive grasp. In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Sin and evil will blind us to do Gods will and to live a holy life before Him.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. —1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We must not dismiss the idealistic passions of our youth. If you are younger, you are not only part...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. —James 4:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom